Head gasket replacement,

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40NAVY

Reaction score
Hey fellas I know it's easy to replace a head gasket, but I've had nothing much to do with Deisels especially D40s

What's the quickest and easiest way to get this job done?
All advice appreciated.

Not sure, car started to warm up but didn't overheat,

Radiator wasn't warming up hoses were cold, possibly a air lock,

First step before pulling head off would be get a compression test done. Is there any sign of oil in coolant or coolant in oil? Under what circumstances did the engine temp rise? Was it shortly after start up? On a long trip?

There's no oil found in oil, and no oil found in the water,

I noticed that I bought a new cap and didn't last very long, is there supposed to be a pressure cap in the radiator or a blank? And on the overflow is it pressured or blank? I replaced the thermostat and thought there could be a airlock which popped the gasket,

The temp on the guage didn't go past halfway, normally it sits just below halfway even a bit less, didn't actually sky rocket overheat, but popped the bonnet to see water was Just flowing out of the overflow. It was weird you'd have your hand over the radiator cap and water could come outs take your hand off and it wouldn't.

Any odeas? I currently in the process of takin the head off to see if it's cracked.

I think you have jumped the gun pulling the head off, A simple pressure test of the cooling system should have be your first step.

I removed the thermostat which was stuff, and put the new one in the same was as I pulled it out,

Do I have a blank on the radiator, and a pressurized cap on the overflow?

Thanks guys, cars currently receiveing a new head after check it and it's cracked, I've order an AMC head hopefully gets here soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 369
I have 2008 D40 Yd25 my pressure cap is on the overflow not the radiator. The manual
shows the pressure cap is on the overflow. Page 8/6 under filling engine coolant.

John

Latest posts

Back