Head Gasket

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobtee

Reaction score
Have 2009 D40 with I have been told has a blown head gasket. Motor has only 18000 km on it.Only symptom was coolant leak from somewhere and pressure in radiator coolant pot. Nissan dealer tells me he has the spare ordered but seems to be taking a bloody long time. 2 weeks to get a head gasket. Does this sound real to others. Spain built motor

It's entirely possible. 18,000km is a bit early to blow the head gasket but you can overheat the engine at any age, I guess. Could have been a faulty thermostat, or a failed fluid couple, slipping belt, failed water pump - there's a long list of possibilities.

Symptoms certainly sound about right too. Coolant can be tested for exhaust emissions but if the radiator is being pressurised beyond normal coolant expansion rates, that extra pressure has to be coming from somewhere. Head gasket is prime suspect.

I wonder why Repco doesn't have replacements?

Thanks for replies. There has been no overheating of the motor even when towing a 2 tonne van up the Clyde Mtn in January. Coolant leak has been there since motor installed. Pressure in expansion bottle was when motor was stone cold. Pulled out of garage and checked coolant level. Pressurised. Nissan dealer thinks head not tensioned down correctly???? Bit poor with a new long motor. Only saving grace is it is still under warranty. Presume delay is in getting a genuine gasket for a Spanish built motor???

check the outlet of the expansion bottle is not blocked.
expansion bottles don't get pressurized, they just fill up or blow the water out of them.

could be head bolts, especially if someone cut corners and reused the old ones.

Latest posts

Back