Head unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yagadam

Reaction score
Looking at replacing the stock head unit in my 2010 navara D22 with an aftermarket double din unit.

I'm looking for all the usual features you would expect + a reversing camera and if possible both on and off road GPS mapping??

Is this feasible for touring or do I need a tablet running several off road maps?

Plenty of eBay units boast they have off road navigation ect but looking for first hand experience

Any ideas welcomed thanks..

Ive always been happy with alpine over the years, but seems i may have fallen well out of the loop. Reveresing cameras as standard on head units now? Times have changed hah

I've got an eBay job in mine. Works fine, has all of the above, Bluetooth, etc. I have loaded maps onto ozi explorer ce which runs fine from an SD card. Off road maps work well. Has another SD card with normal sat nav maps and running windows ce you can load different sat nav programs on it too like garmin, etc.

I think I paid about 265 for it a good 6 months ago now, it has been fine for a cheap Chinese one...

Most of those cheap ebay headunits are essentially tablets with ampifiers aren't they? If you can get one that doesn't feel underpowered, slow response etc it'd be a bit of a pain. It's for that reason that I'd probably go a decent branded one if I had to.

I've just got a tablet mounted in front of my existing headunit. It's pretty rough but I can put all my offroad maps on it. Along with a reverse camera if need be - I'm still yet to work out those details though.

im running a Kenwood DDX-4033BT head unit and a Kenwood CMOS 310 camera. Great bit of kit! i have been a pioneer man all my life but could not get what i wanted for the price i needed. Head unit is hooked into my phone via bluetooth - calls are great but can also stream music straight from my phone. Navigation is a bolt on but might be able to use a different type just connected via AV2 input (AV1 taken with R/Cam).

Latest posts

Back