Heavy Vibration Under Load- 2000 ish and under

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawry

Reaction score
Hey guys

2003- d22 zd30

ive developed a large vibration under load when i labor the car in a high gear with heavy throttle.... only noticeable when the chip is activated as the extra torque triggers it. I feel it as though its through the rear cab wall and floor under the seat...

I have a 3 inch lift in the rear... i was thinking drive shaft angle but being a LWB i thought it would be fine..

What i have noticed is that i can move the drive shaft at least 1cm from side to side where it is retained at the chassis with that supporting yolk/bracket (sorry unsure of the name)

is this normal or should i get another bush to remove this play

any other ideas

it occurs BEFORE i did the body lift... and its not any worse with it in however its gotten worse over the last few months.

help???

That yoke/bracket thing is the centre bearing. If it has that much movement its probably flogged out. As far as I'm aware it needs to be pressed off and the new one pressed on, not sure what they cost to replace though...

your talking about the centre bearing on tailshaft by the sounds. 10mm is probably noy enough to cause it and it is usually speed selective vibration not power. Id guess at enginemount or gearbox mount. how many kms on it

do you mean 10 mm overall as in 5mm either way from centre on 10mm either way from centre??

hmmm have to re-check but at-least 5mm each side
I'll check gearbox and engine mount... i hope its not the engine as they look like a real pain to get to.

That U- bracket that attaches to the floor or the cab... it doesn't actually contact anything just floats inside another bracket, well providing im getting alot of movement could this extra movement, gearbox or engine be causing this to contact the chassis and therefore providing feedback through the floor of the cab...

other than that the exhaust clears everything... the engine bay has a lot of pipe work but its clears all body panels as far as i can tell..

has got me stumped

also car has 135k

Last edited:
i had a lift done through Zordo and with the h/d springs on the rear it had about 75mm lift.i had a bad vibration that sounds just like yours and turns out it was drive shaft angle which he said was rare.took h/d springs out and replaced with comfort springs which dopped the rear down 20mm and problem solved.

I fitted a beau exhaust first then the chip i get the same vibration under hard acceleration in every gear except 1st and fifth only happens with the chip 2011 d22 mechanic tells me it's gear clatter due to the huge increase in torque mine is putting out 152hp whereas stock was 87hp at the wheels this was his diagnosis. I have just learnt to live with it mind you i only had 20k on it when i did the mods.

John

hmm that's interesting happy john as i didn't remember mine doing this when i had ALL the engine mods... mine on a good day i reckon would pt 130kw wheels... which has had this setup for at least 6 months.. however i have only noticed this recently, to be exact WHEN I CHANGED the turbo.

nothing that interesting about it really, i changed a chinese one for a rebuilt genuine one (Ht12), so same turbo and same geometry, which i thought was really strange, maybe a coincidence or maybe i was gaining a bit of torque which made it noticable.. who knows :/
AS for the turbo change, i jumped under the car and found the exhaust hitting/rubbbing under the cab.. well there looked to be a mark so i thought BINGO!
i made up a bit of a DIY strap using a turn buckle and some stainless wire to pull the exhaust away from the body, seemed to improve it....
heres the kicker... this was well before the body lift so now there 10-15cm + room under the closest part of the exhaust to chassis there it rules that out now.|

now as for torque increase, The system gets worse the more power i add, eg when i turn water/meth on under load + chip i will punch 19psi at 2000 which happens to be one of the worse spots in RPM.. around 1500-2000rpm.
so it could be just a gear vibration, however i thought i would have noticed this well before when i finished the work on the engine with the chinese turbo....also a ht12

shane 75, I have only recently done the lift as of 2 weeks ago, that inckudes 2 inch body (ontop of 2 in sus) and added 1 inch more to the rear with extended shackles (originally 2 inch). Its running standard leafs with a helper coil +shackles overall.

now im trying to think if its worse now... with the shackles, it may be a tiny bit which could be explained by pinion angle/vibrations however the vibration im getting beofre has to be something else.

To me it has to be some form of connection between the cab and the chassis or a severe vibration of some sort around the rear/mid of the car which transfers through the body mounts to the cab...

ive learn to lift with it, but it would be nice to reduce it a little

Last edited:
i'll take a pic of the drive shaft angle, also a video of the rear play
or any other areas i should consider??

Remember its torque dependent, does occur when free revving, only a tiny bit when no chip or meth and most noticeable when all switched on

Last edited:
Yep your putting out great horsepower mine does it at the peak of torque on the attached dyno double click on the attachment you will see it's around 2000.Turn the chip off no problem shame you are not is brisbane lawry you could take mine for a run and compare mind you it's still near new.

John

Attachments

• img-211133216-0001.jpg
    img-211133216-0001.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 35
cheers john

just took some pictures and the Drive angle is minimal, i can post it up if need be, also checked the play, 5mm was probably a decent over statement. only getting a few mm, so i'll drop that down the priority list for now.

which leaves Torque vibrations, gearbox mount (which looks fine), engine mounts haven't checked or something else.

but at the moment im learning towards your issue john.

the noise is about as loud as...a small orbital sander under the cab on its lowest setting ha! its not so much a noise you can hear a lot (although you can) but its more a vibration you can feel

if anyone has any light bulb moments let me know, otherwise i just put up with it

Latest posts

Back