Hello All ... Vibration At High Speeds

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wenz

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Jon and I just bought a brand new Nissan Navara ST D40 dual cab last month ...2.5 diesel. I had my eyes on the Navara for some time and quite happy with my choice. However, yesterday being my first drive outside the city, I noticed, and felt, the car vibrating at speeds nearing 110kph. It's a bit worrying 'cause being brand new, I thought I shouldn't be getting things like this this early. I'm hoping it's just tyre balance or something.

Anyone had a similar experience ? Is this normal ?

thanks,
Jon

Welcome to the forum.

If it's only vibrating at high speeds I'd be looking at wheel balance as well, since your engine RPM are going to go higher than cruise RPM while you're accelerating - so you should have noticed it before if it was something more sinister.

Gidday and welcome to the forum Jon.

I agree with Tony - I expect it to be tyre related. Out of balance, Out of round
(Or even a rim out of round, Its been know to happen)

Thanks for the replies guys, really hope it's just tyre/wheel balance.

Another quick one, I just found that my navara does not have a third brake light, is that standard on ST's ? I always thought all vehicles here has to have a 3rd brake light.

cheers,

Latest posts

Back