Hello Everyone.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nundahdog

Reaction score
not long had my D40 and I'm loving it! Picked up a '07 with only 34 thou on the clock and never been off road - always used to n fro work. nissan tub liner in the style side tray and a factory canopy- not sure about that yet, could be a hindrance. Also has electronic rust protection and is spotless inside and out. Put new Maxxis a/t 751's (265/65R16s) and the ride is soooo much better. Next is... everything else.! Will be sending photos through soon.
My biggest concern is the clutch, I've been speaking to a bloke who's just had his 3rd(!) put in his. The last time pulling a box trailor off the beach. Anybody shed some light or can i get put in the right direction to look in past forums. Thanks for reading, look foreward to any messages.

Welcome aboard!

The D40 manual burns clutches because when the torque comes in at 2,000rpm, if you're riding the clutch, you're destroying it.

Best bet is to get the clutch out at lower rpm and then accelerate. The D22s are smoother with max torque delivered later - outside the range you'd typically use when taking off.

It's the Achille's heel of the D40. You can get heavy-duty aftermarket ones that don't suffer as bad, but treat it gently during takeoff and you will get a lot more life out of it.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum, keep an eye on the Brisbane section for member trips.

Latest posts

Back