Hello From Newcastle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

govo

Reaction score
Just a quick hello, currently driving 07 V6 Auto STX, thinking of trading her in on a new 140 kw diesel but I have been reading a lot of posts on this forum and I am in two minds as economy doesn't seem to good. Cheers Mark

don't get too wound up with the negative feedback here. it always seems that those with a problem always scream the loudest. i have a 2010 stx king cab and of my two tanks of fuel i've used so far i've got 12.3L/100k and 11.2L/100k. not too bad considering i have to do the M5 crawl most days in Sydney. the diesel is a good motor and if you're going to take it around OZ at some stage it's probably the only option. outback in places deisel is the only thing avilable.

i haven't heard much on the efficiency of the new 550 navara. that could be well worth a look at especially as an economy/power trade off.

shero

Hi Shero
Mate I gotta be honest I dont think I could own the V6 because of those hidius roof bars.I think I would be happier driving the 2010 diesel. JMO cheers Mark

yeah mate i agree. as i say i've a stx - the king cab version and in my opinion it lokks far better than the rest of the models combined

Welcome to the forum!

Mine's an 09 STX, 128KW motor and really I'm fairly happy with it. Fuel consumption isn't too bad for what we do with it and how heavy it is - 10.6LPHK - 0.1LPHK over its rating - isn't bad for a car that's 520kg overweight.

Fuel consumption is dependent on a variety of factors. Diesels can't be driven like petrol cars - you have to let them wind up. There's hardly ever a need for me to rev mine over 2500rpm. If I cruise with the torque converter locked and the RPM at around 2,000 we get much better economy. Fuel quality makes a big difference, larger tyres make a difference, towing stuff - they all add up.

I think the biggest thing I could do WRONG with my diesel is tramp it when the lights go green and get the 2.5 tonnes up to 60km/h and then brake heavily for the next set of lights, repeat. I may as well just hand my pay packet to the oil companies.

Diesel is a finicky fuel. It's best to buy it from often-used truck stops, because they have high turnover and probably have decent tanks that don't have a lot of muck in them.

I can't wait till Jan/Feb next year when all the threads about owning a new V6 Nav and getting economy figures of 45 LPH start happening.

Shero is right the bad news always travels further and louder than the good news. My economy has never been any worse than I expected, sure it's not as good as a Suzuki Swift but as Tony says it's a 2.5 tonne vehicle it's not going to run on an oily rag. But it doesn't automatically mean the Nav you buy will end up running 15lph or higher just because a few posts on the forums suggest it's happening to theirs.

Hey scootybobcat
You must have missed my first post I actually own a D 40 now and they are far from shit, thats why I am thinking of trading to a diesel, I only have three gripes with my Nav and they are only minor.

1. Turning circle isn't great.

2.Drivers seat is annoying where the seat adjusters dig into you leg through the padding.

3. Petrol fuel economy is pretty high.

But as a tow vehicle I find it excellent which is my main use for it, I rarely go off road and when I do its mainly beach work and it handles that with ease. Cheers mark

Ignore Scotty, next he will be telling you that you need a '22 with a V8 in it, but we all know how easily they get bogged and require a D40 to pull them out. :eviltongue:

I don't have a problem with the turning circle, to me it's a trade off between having a small car and a larger car, sure they might have been able to make it better but I'm not driving it like a small car so I accept it takes a bit more room to turn. The petrol economy (or lack there of in some cases) seems to be a fairly discussed topic but having a diesel it's not something effects me but I am however interested in what you say about the seat adjusters. I can't say I've ever suffered such problems and I'd assume my seat has as much padding as yours, there has been a few people complain about the factory seats but I don't think I've heard anyone suggest the adjusters were an issue.

hey crafty

Yer I thought because I am a big guy 6'2" and 105 kg was why I could feel the adjusters until I spoke with two others I know with D40's and they told me that it annoyed them also, one guy is jockey size and the other is probably my height but maybe 90 kg. They both solved the problem with $800 custom fitted sheep skin seat covers. My seat has begun to where a hole threw the seat fabric just above the adjuster where it squashes down as i spin out of the seat to get out, maybe its time for a new truck. Cheers Mark

I'm 6'2", 6'5 with my high heels on, and have no idea what I weigh (and probably don't want to) but I am no jockey and I've never had an issue with the adjusters. I also have a back injury and reckon that the D40 seats are some of the best seats I've ever had in a car, but aches and pains just like sitting positions will vary among all drivers so not every seat is going to be prefect for every driver.

I generally don't slide into my seat and I don't use the steps to climb into the ute but even climbing in I don't remember feeling anything digging into my legs. A mate of mine used to wear the right hand side of his seat down quite quickly because of the way he sat, he used to almost lean on the door pillar, we used to think it was because we were so often 4 up in the front of the ute but he did it when he was by himself too, it used to make the side of his seat sag before the middle, but I can't imagine driving the Nav like that.

Latest posts

Back