hello from Townsville

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Have been scouting this forum for a while ad I must say the info and help / advice from members looked great. Have already placed post under D22 with some turbo trouble I'm having and within 10min member tweak'e replied with a tip. Nice!

Will post some pics soon. Happy trails...

Lj

G'day mate and welcome. I'm normally from Townsville myself but wont be back there until next year. I think there is a few members from TSV now, should organise a forum trip some time.

Gday to all in townsville I am from Melb & have just got back from a trip to the Cape. As l was driving my D22 06, about 60 K's befor TSV Bang my 5th gear went on me so I limp into tsv nissan only to be told it will be 3 weeks befor they can look at it. I got onto Jason & Simon at TSV Gearbox Reconditioning They said they are flat out & it will be a week befor they can look at it. I told them that I was meeting up with 3 of my mates in cairns on monday to head to the tip (atrip we had been planing for 2years) The next day (Friday) the gearbox was out & parts was ordered 11am Monday all parts arrived 4pm l was back on the road. How good is that? BIG THANKS TO JASON & SIMON

Jeez John sounds like a interesting trip.

Sounds like you got some good customer service.

How did you kill 5th gear ?

Dave.

Thats a big Question. We can not work it out. Jason threw al the big Q's at me. Was i towing? Was I driving with my hand on the gear stick? all with no for an answer.
When we looked inside the box. The fork was worn down and the gear had almost no teeth on it the bearing had also collapsed. The ute gave me no worning at all. It just jumped out of gear as I put it in for the first time that morning.

Not sure mate, glad its sorted though.

I have towed in 5th in mine and never had a drama, mines up to about 182,000km's now and the gearbox sounds and feels as good as the day I bought the ute.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back