Hello, new to forums and first time Navara owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danno

Reaction score
Hi all, purchased a new D40 2.5ST manual 3 months ago . Blocked off EGR when it was about a month old not sure if i noticed any power/ fuel eco changes as car was still pretty new, but did notice it was easier to pull away from standing start. Previous car was a '93 T/D Pajero and although pretty gutless (2.5 intercooled) it was virtually impossible to stall.When i stepped into the Navara, i was stalling it all the time.(Not a fan of slipping up clutch at anytime) anyway, soon got used to Navara and found it was happy to take off at around 1200-1300rpm. After blocking off EGR it is now similar to the old Pajy, its a lot harder to stall and barely have to lift revs on take off. No other mods yet.Have been thinking about fitting lift kit to susp. made by ReadyLift (Strut extension brackets and longer rear shackles) Has anyone got any feed back on this product. Cheers

G'day Danno. I'm new to this forum and the Navara as well. Had the same issue with stalling. Especially after I got bigger rubber. That killed the low end power. I had a Steinbauer Module put in and it has made a big difference on take off and low rpm in general.

Welcome to the forum.

Not a huge surprise on the stalling. Once your engine is up to normal temps, the EGR valve is open in mid-range and pumping crap into the intake. Now that you've prevented that, your engine is able to breathe properly.

Back