Hello

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhizza

Reaction score
hello everyone :)

just bought a Nissan Navara D40 2010 RX 2.5 turbo diesel auto and I LOVE it!!

its my first Post 2002 car iv owned.
bought it off the first owner, only just has 80,000km immaculate condition, stock standard at the moment, got a Roll/sports bar to put on and im looking at nudge or bull bar in the future.

now at the risk of sounding like a twat, im curious to where the revs usually sit when your just cruising, the navara usually sits 2000-3000RPM. is this normal? seems a little high to me, then again iv been driving a manual frontera for the past few years.

thank you Rhiannon :tazzy:

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure when some more d40 owners see this they will reply, but sitting on 110km/h indicated on the speedo (100km/h actual due to speedo error) my d22 sits on about 2750rpm. As you said, this is quite high, but unfortunately not a lot can be done about it cheaply. The 2 fixes are larger diameter tyres and / or taller diff gears (this involves changing both front and rear if it is a 4x4 model). It won't be overly noticeable in an automatic, although it may feel like it takes a bit more effort to get moving from a standing start.

Definitely an improvement over a frontera though hahahah

yeah I killed the frontera LOL did the clutch in it :chainsaw: tho I didn't mind the frontera *he* was a decent car to tow with and it did feel a bit more gutsy than the Vari but then again I think it was 3.6 ltr or so.. Varies maiden voyage with trailer will be in a week so we well see how good on diesel it will be, going along the freeway between Newcastle and Sydney!

he sits around 2k mostly cruising around town.

anyone sees a White navara with a Purple trailer being towed, give beep and a wave :p

Welcome to the forum!!!

We are a friendly bunch of people!!!!!!!!!!

And there is also a wealth of knowledge on here.

So enjoy your time on the forum.

Take care

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

yeah I killed the frontera LOL did the clutch in it :chainsaw: tho I didn't mind the frontera *he* was a decent car to tow with and it did feel a bit more gutsy than the Vari but then again I think it was 3.6 ltr or so.. Varies maiden voyage with trailer will be in a week so we well see how good on diesel it will be, going along the freeway between Newcastle and Sydney!

he sits around 2k mostly cruising around town.

anyone sees a White navara with a Purple trailer being towed, give beep and a wave :p
Haha, nice job. An auto diesel should tow a lot better than a manual petrol (well any manual really), so you shouldn't have any dramas there.

Can't say I'll see you as I'm from perth, lol. But have a good trip.

I would have liked a manual TD, but after killing the Fontera, and my gear changing arm elbow gets very painful, as well as trying to navigate through Sydney with my 10X5 trailer Full of rather expensive livestock aboard and some stupid Sydney drivers, I thought it a wiser move to go auto, for my sanity and the cars transmission LOL..:rofl2:

Yep, I get what you mean. D40 manuals have a problem with trying to do hill starts when towing. The clutch setup in them overheats very quickly when being slipped, so the auto is a great choice for towing.

Totally agree..its a challenge to tow a bit of weight with a man d40.dont worry about the revs as thats the sweet spot for turbo boost,power and economy.tuned up they will happily make good power to 4500rpm

Also OD button.

When/when not should it be used?

Vari is my daily drive to work that's 10min theough town.
The only time it will probley hit the freeway will be towing.

Latest posts

Back