Help..? Engine Cuts Out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchie07au

Reaction score
Hey Fella's,

I'm having a bit of an issue over the last few days. You blokes always seem to come up with the right answer so I'm gonna throw it out there.

I have a 2005 d22 zd30. I've added a snorkel, egr blank and swirl done, front mount cooler and a chip express chip over the last 12 months. Hasn't missed a beat and been really reliable until Thursday.

I was heading down a fairly steep hill at 90ks in 5th. Out of no where revs drop and engine stalls. Pull over to the side of the road and try to restart and get nothing. All dash lights come on as a normal start up just won't kick. Sat there for a few minutes and tried again and she fired. Off I went without issue. Got home. Changed fuel filter. Checked all earth straps all seem clean and solid.

Drive her round for 100ks yesterday no issues, drove beautifully.

Heading home today down the same hill at 90ks. The same rev drop and stall happened again. Pulled over and she turned over instantly. Drive as normal the rest of the way home.

No engine lights come on. No codes thrown. She's not blowing smoke. Doesn't cough or shudder. Drives the same as she always does other than on this hill where it stalls.

Anyone else had an issue like this? I'm feeling pretty lost in what to check next. Any info you blokes can shine on the issue would be helpful

My thoughts too, how much fuel in it? Otherwise there's not a lot else it could be.....

3/4 full. Fill up at the same bp every Monday arvo. Just pumped a bit of fuel out just to make sure there's no air in the line. Took it for 30min drive and cuts out on that same hill in exactly the same spot. Pulled over and started no worries. Did a U turn and tried the hill again. Never guess what happen..... Cut out! Is it possible the High Voltage power lines running along side the road could cause some sort of interference....?

A STRONG magnetic field can interupt a diesel and petrol engine
But power lines are way under that level
Do a video
Throw it up on youtube??

This is a long shot...
A lot of people dont realize this but these things have a rev limiter type sensor where the motor will cut out for a short time if reving freely under a minimum load, eg. burnouts, perhaps this is happening.Your 3inch exhaust providing naff all back pressure/engine braking may be helping this?

As for the power lines, doubt it, but will it cut out in same spot going uphill?

Another long shot,,, if you can be arsed try disconnecting chip and see what happens, this may be helping the free reving bit????

I will try to find in the manual where the free reving sensor is and post up its location for all to peruse.

In the section of the manual SM1E-1D22FG1, EC section on page EC-756.

The index at the front of the section calls it:

"Fuel cut control (at no load and high engine speed)"

Latest posts

Back