Help needed with timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rspec294

Reaction score
Hi guys my first post on this site, I have an 06 stx d40 with about 135000ks on it and for the past 10 to 20000 kms the rattle at the front of the engine has gotten really loud from the moment you start it till the moment you stop and is a little embarrassing as it loud ,I service my car anywhere between 5-10000 using cat engine oil ,and has not missed a beat and does everything you ask of it ,now I live in a small inland town and took it to the mechanic and he got a price from mackay Nissan for the timing chains and parts and with labour was quoted nearly 5 grand to replace everything , now I finally had a day off and removed the front cover and the secondry chain was all nice and tight and the tensioner showing adout 4-5 mm which should still be ok, now the primary chain was very loose so I said bugger its the back one, then I turned the engine over with a ratchet and then the rear chain went tight and the front one become sloppy and the tensioner went inside so kept turning it over then the front tensioner popped out again and chain went tight again but the back one went sloppy , so I know the simple thing would be to replace everything but I need to look at $$$ and maybe its both tensioners that may need replacing , has anyone else seen this with there timing chain problems, need some direction ,thanks

u should talk to paul at http://www.yd25.com.au/ or on 0424034935 he has a twin chain upgrade kit or he will supply and fit for u u can call him 7 days a week and half the price of nissan and has great customer service witch nissan forgot to learn

And again ... look at a YD25 kit from Paul.

Replacing with OEM Nissan parts can be done of course but YD25 kit is better IMO.

Looking at $3000 supplied and installed + oils and sundries.

Yes Paul is The MAN, for timing chains he imports them from the manufacturer that manufacture timing chains for Lamborghini etc.
He also supplies Nissan with them.
He's really good and fair. All round top bloke.
He's done my bottom chain.
Save some dollars fella, look him up at yd25.com.au and give him a call.
He'll never do you a bad turn.

Another vote for Paul. Had mine done a few weeks back. Done on time and on budget. D22 is a lot dearer to do but i love the peace of mind. Paul is a top bloke with an amazing amount of knowledge he is willing to share. Very thorough and explains everything.

Latest posts

Back