Help! Play in alternator pulley

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayoss

Reaction score
Had a loud squealing come from engine bay this morning, thought it was a slipping belt but i think i have narrowed it down to my alternator pulley. Seems to be so play backwards and forwards. Is this play normal? can it be tightend or is it stuffed bearing? or just plain knackerd all together? Please help

unless the nut on the front is loose i will bet the bearings are shagged so probably rip her off and get her reco'ed or a change over
you can replace the bearings yourself but it aint worth it for what ya pay for a reco unit these days
cheers

brent

hey, it is prob the tensioner not alt .. i just did my alt bearings part no. are in PFI brand bearings B10-50TT thats the 1 in rear and front is 6303-2RS C3 . and u do need a special tool 2 remove the pulley , if u pull the plastic cap of front of pulley u will see. other than that yeh its easy.. anyway there was not much wrong with my alt and ive done 294000ks the noise was the tensioner the bushes flogg out..

I have a GU alternator in the shed for when mine wear's out.

Sounds like the bearings to me though.

I picked mine up second hand for $150.

Got it tested and new bearings for $70.

Not sure what there worth.

Check ebay or Nizzbits.

Latest posts

Back