help please d21 deisel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty#d21

Reaction score
hi guys new member can any one help me out i have a 87 d21 deisel navara, problem when driving to.work all seems fine, when i leave to drive.home my oil light on dash flashes intermitently on and off but dosent stay on, next day same thing fine in to.work no oil light but when driving home oil light flashes, i have done a recent service with new oil and filter, does any one know wats wrong i dont wana blow it up if it needs oil pump or something got me baffled :)

Welcome to the forum!

The first thing I think of when I hear "intermittent" is electrical. Loose or dirty connectors are the bane of many people's existence. Try pulling the connector from the oil sensor and whack it back on (repeat a couple of times to make sure the contacts are clean).

If that doesn't work it's possible that there's something else wrong (eg pump fault) but in both occasions your engine is starting cold.

What happens if you drive to work, but 2 blocks before you get there you stop, turn the engine off, and then restart it to continue the drive? Does it now flicker?

thanks very much i thought it might be.simple i.will try this and get back to you on the matter, great forum glad i joined thanks guys :)

I'd be looking at the wire that goes to the oil pressure sender, it could have rubbed through and be earthing out.
Oh and welcome.

Latest posts

Back