help please, unknown part?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicszd30

Reaction score
Hi all, I am having issues downloading and opening the manual on here and was hoping someone may recognise this part !
I am in the middle of replacing the clutch and on reinstalling it I hear the tinkle of metal on concrete and then latter on noticed this little bracket of some sort on the floor- I have never noticed it before on doing a clutch fit so I'm guessing it's not from the clutch or gearbag housing -more so from the under body some where at the back of the motor/front of the box?
You would think a bolt goes through the hole but I cant see any marks that ones has been used?
Top marks and a beer to anyone that may recognise where it comes from;)

cheers Vic

Attachments

• 20150325_084035.jpg
    20150325_084035.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 20150325_084101.jpg
    20150325_084101.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20150325_084121.jpg
    20150325_084121.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 96
It's not part of gearbox mounting hardware where it attaches to the cross member? There are two rubber mounts on each side on the gearbox support member

I'll have a look shorty- but I cant remember seeing it when I took the box out ? This is the second time this year :(

I wish I could get the manual to download and open !

I'll keep u posted.. cheers

I have just smashed through the d22 manual, its not listed anywhere.

it does look like the casing that goes around one of the rubber brackets.
but at the same time it does not look like the gearbox mounting brackets.

I havent see that one before, maybe custom made, previous onwer perhaps?

From the photos... looks like the brackets that go over the plastic mount blocks that hold the fuel + brake hardlines at various spots along underside of the firewall and on the side of the chassis rail on their way to the back of the car. The marks on it look like the plastic teeth of the whacked out tool-free-install fasteners they use on those blocks. Maybe?

Nissan call them an "INSULATOR".

Last edited:
Dion I think your onto it ! I noticed those lines and brackets today so I'll check it out tomorrow. So thank you for that. And cheers to unknown and shorty too. thanks, vic

Do you have bash plates?, some kits have "spacers and Locating brackets" that sit on or under brackets and cross members.

I do Resto but it's not from there ! It's from the brackets that keep the lines separated. Like Dion wrote- It goes round the nylon brackets/spacers. All good, thanks.

arhaha that got me..... all sorted lol I own a navara Dion..... Mines just developed a rear diff shudder- so now i'm on the net working out what centre i'll use .. Any suggestions on a locker? and no not that air driven crap- I have a e-locker in the front but I don't want to fit anything that needs power air etc ! cheers and well spotted Dion don't you just hate that when you find something on the floor... the bloke who's floor i'm using finds it amusing to slide in a nut or bolt to the mix- I thought he'd upped he's game with this bit !

cheers and again thanks to all :)

Latest posts

Back