Help' what's the best heavy duty battery to buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auz1234

Reaction score
Nav is around 2 years old now and the battery just threw in the towel, looking for the best battery within reason of cost to replace stock standard one with. People have told me find a 100amp battery, find a gel cell battery, get a yellow top one etc etc,

I have HID spot lights, a light bar front and rear, led awning lights and run a 40l waeco fridge sometimes. I have a second battery in a battery box for when I go away it's not completed wired in because I take it out on the boat etc, what's everyone else using and what should I be paying and where do I go?

HID lights are no different to halogen in power consumption - they're just a lot brighter. The light bars could use a fair bit, but hopefully they'll only be on while the engine's running. The Waeco should be run from the aux battery and the awning lights shouldn't be a problem for the what, 2 or 3 hours that you run them? At even 4 amps that's a total of 12A drawn from the battery. I wouldn't worry about what you've got hooked up.

I replaced my starter battery with a Century 910CCA - wasn't all that expensive and the car loves it, cranks over very nicely.

Best battery or best value.
Best Battery Odyessy $$$ and heavy but just WOW.
Best Value CAT, yep CAT. $176 for a N70ZZ 8 years later tested good as new.

2 years for a battery!You must be unlucky or I am very lucky, My 09 stx is still on its original battery. sight glass is still green, touch wood

Best battery or best value.
Best Battery Odyessy $$$ and heavy but just WOW.
Best Value CAT, yep CAT. $176 for a N70ZZ 8 years later tested good as new.

Something in the middle, Ive been told about the Optima batteries which retail for around $300 each. Don't mind spending the money on this but want to make sure its worth the price!

Something in the middle, Ive been told about the Optima batteries which retail for around $300 each. Don't mind spending the money on this but want to make sure its worth the price!

I have an Optima yellow top as my aux battery and had one in my Patrol. In the Patrol I had it disconnected for 12 months and it was 4 years old, gave it a charge and stuck it in again was as good as gold.

As the main/starting battery in the Nav I've got a SuperCharge Gold which has 720CCA and 3 year warranty. Pretty happy with it. Was under $200 from memory I think $185ish

Battery World just quoted me, $496.00 for a Optima Yellow top D27 battery?? ive heard they should be around $330 at most??

Thanks everyone for the help,

all done $366 installed. Optima Yellow Top D27F, going to have it all done on Thursday. Ready for the Muster next week!

Thanks everyone for the help,

all done $366 installed. Optima Yellow Top D27F, going to have it all done on Thursday. Ready for the Muster next week!

Nice.

You'd hope they'd fit it for nothing as it's a 5 minute job that they don't do properly anyway lol. Make sure you check your battery terminals have been done up tight enough and all your added connections/terminals are fixed securely and the clamp/s that hold it in place holds the battery in place securely.

It sounds pedantic but the spaz who put mine in didn't tighten anything properly!

Check ebay also. I got my two optima yellow tops for $250 each from a ebay store in SA. Delivered. They are the four terminal type also.

Latest posts

Back