Help with D22 Ideas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesyy

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls

Just Chasing some Advice On What else Can Be done to my D22 Navara

Keep in mind that i still need to fit my dirt bike in the tub so draws and canpoy are out of the question.
and not too keen on fitting a body lift as insurance wont cover me.

List of mods and details Below

2006 Nissan navara d22 3.0ltr Turbo Diesel (ZD30)

- Snake racing 3" x-flex lift kit
- AirFlow Snorkel
- 16x8 Gekko Steel Rims
- 265/75 R16 BFG Mud Terrain KM2
- GME 80 Channel UHF
- Xrox Bullbar
- VRS 9500s Winch Synthetic Rope
- 2x Night Stalker HID Spot + Flood beam
- 2x 7" Led Flood beam light bars on the rear
- False Floor in place or Back Seat
- Exeedy HDD Clutch
- Genuine roof Racks
- Rhino Rack Flat cage
- Rear Quarter Chop
- Custom Steel Tube Bar (with Recovery points)
- Kicker 4 Channel Amp
- Kicker 10"Sub
- Exhaust Temp Gauge
- Boost Gauge
- Turbo Smart Boost Tee
- EGR Blocked with re rooted vac lines
- Boab Featherlite Awning 2m x 2m
- Quick Fist Shovel Holder
- 2x 20L Jerry can holder (In Tub)
- 2x Plastic Tough Case (In Tub)
- AfterMarket Rear Diff Centre
- Sliders (Almost Finished)

Attachments

• IMG_0943[1].jpg
    IMG_0943[1].jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0955[1].jpg
    IMG_0955[1].jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 176
Well set up rig mate good work. I replaced the hooks in the tub with an m8 eylet from bunnings, much stronger when you pull the bike down.

Im in WA and not to keen of getting a mod plate as that involves someone else driving my car around witches hats at 100km/ph and if they roll it i lose my car as no insurance will cover it
as for the extended shackels i know there illegal but i never get hasseled about them and insurance dont care about them, with the body lif it would put a total of 7inchs from standard hight

Fair enough mate I am not a fan of bodylifts either. I only have a basic 2inch efs and never have clearance issues. Get the chassis up I say you should be able to walk through anything as it is mate again good work.

Could also potentially replace the stock turbo with something a bit better? Forefront industries make one with a nicer billet forged compressor wheels for faster turbo spool, they are a forum sponsor and sell them for about $800, direct bolt up. If my turbo blows ill defs replace it with one of those, rather than genuine or other types of aftermarket

been thinking about an e locker as the old man can get them through his shop its just the issue of your housing needs to be machined or ground back 2 - 3 mm to give the locker enough room

yeah been thinking about a turbo upgrade aswell but dont see the point in changing it if its not broken like the saying goes " If it works dont change it "

Yeah E-lockers are good but shit they cost, even getting them below retail price would still be at least double the cost of what the automatic locker costs.

Have read a fair bit about them and most people say affect on steering is minimal if any, you just have to adjust your driving style a bit. Most people love them and think they are the best bang for buck for 4wd capability.

You can buy retractable eyelets for your tub, so as HJ says put the eyelets in just use the ones that lay flat so they are out of the way.
mate its looking the goods, maybe HD steering components from Calmini maybe SAS if your keen other then that just get out and start travelling.
What gearing did you change to in your diff?? and where did you get it from??

Back