Help with oil explosion issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AskinL

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 04 ZD30di and the other day I got to work and parked it to get out and see a large puddle of oil underneath it. From somewhere from the front of the engine it has shot engine oil out and it has been sprayed over the entire front of my engine bay. Does anyone know a cause of this. Thinking oil pump seals failure??

There is also the small oil cooler at the front. If a hose come loose, cracks, or the oil cooler itself becomes damaged this can cause the oil to shoot out at high pressure. But the cooler is infront of the condenser. I doubt the crank pully would fail that abruptly to cause leak that much.
You can top off the oil, give the engine bay a good wash (I personally use some diesel followed by soapy water to wash out oil/grease). Start the engine, and from a safe distance try to identify where the oil is being leaked from. Try not to get oil shot into your eyes though!

i wouldn't be using diesel to clean engine bay just because it can contribute to plastics and rubber breaking down over time. But yes cleaning it up so you can trace the leak good idea. Even starting engine and letting it idle or use high idle (cold start) and getting under there with a flash light to observe whats going on.

Latest posts

Back