Help!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy_jay89

Reaction score
so for a few months i have started to notice little things happening with the car

i have no idea what could be wrong as my mate and brother inlaw are diesel fitters and they cant find anything

so to sum it up whats happening is:

Boost Lag: i can take off in 1st gear then when i change to 2nd and 3rd, when i release the clutch the car will rev up but the boost wont kick in, then all of a sudden it will.. it doesnt happen all the time but is happening more often

Jumping/Surging: in 2nd or 3rd gear i can release the clutch and then the car will surge as if engine braking??? even though the revs are held

Over Heating: when going up any incline of nominal amount the temp goes up to near boiling. this happens when im not towing and is most noticeable when going up the toowomba range, i end up behind a truck crawling along with him to keep the temps down while other d40s shoot on past..

oil around the throttle body: i noticed oil around the TB so i cleaned it up to find where it is coming from but havent found where it could be coming from

Not Throwing Codes: through all of this the car wont throw a code, most noticeable is when i rev the car accidentally past 3.5k then all of a sudden the revs drop and i have no power (as if in Limp Mode) but it doesnt show a code on the dash,
i can usually just pull over and turn the car off and on to get rid of it but it doesnt seem right

Start up Stall: sometimes, not always, once a month or so.. when starting the car again after turning it off the car will turn off like it had stalled or no fuel/combustion ( just stop )

ive got the egr blocked but from my understanding it shouldn't have an affect on any of these issues as most happened before i had it blocked

any insight would be appreciated.

Sounds to me like the Suction control valve is playing up.

All of your symptons except two sound similar to what I experienced when mine packed up.

The two I didn't get where over heating (but can't say I ever looked at the temp gauge and could be caused by the fuel pressure being incorrect and causing high EGT's) and oil around throttle body but mine always had this as I don't run a catch can and these motors are quite fumey.

Your right about the blocked EGR, it wont cause you any problems or have effect's on any of these issues.

No its in the fuel tank. Try loosening the fuel cap a little and go for a drive, if you sink the boot in and it doesn't go into limp mode you know that's the problem. As for your other problems, I can't help sorry.

Mate i had the same problem It took holden unfortunately where i bought the car from 3 goes to work it out.

The over heating problem is caused buy the radiator being full of crap and or the coolant level is low for some reason mine had a massive build up once cleaned out all was good. As for the surging it fixed it self for me holden said nothing and when i go it back it has run awesome ever since and it has been nearly a year

Might be the boost controller as well. I had a problem like this with my Holden Colorado when the boost controller was faulty and wouldn't raise the boost as the revs went higher.

Latest posts

Back