Hi all - new 2nd hand D40 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher

Reaction score
G'day everyone - another newbie here. I've been searching for a dual cab ute for some time, and to be frank, even though I like the look of a Navara have always avoided looking at one because I was under the impression the rear seating area was hopeless for adults. The more I searched (including this forum) the more I learnt, and found that the D40 cabin was larger than the D22 and so my interest was reborn. Anyway, to cut a long story short I think I found the ultimate in 2nd hand vehicle and bought it - a D40 4x4 6sp diesel with 64K on the clock. The previous owner, now 81 years old, bought it new in 1996 (at age 75), has fastidiously maintained it and claims to have never had it off road - he replaced the problem clutch with a heavy duty version 2 months ago, added electric brakes for towing, canopy and alarm/immobiliser. Sounds like a typical used car salesman spruking :big_smile:
Anyway, I've done a total of 60kms in the car and I already love it. I'm now looking at tyres to replace the original continentals.
So, thanks to everyone on this forum that has helped me in the decision to get this car :cheers!:

Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase.

So your continentals lasted 64,000km? I had to replace mine at 47,300km and they had maybe 5,000km of life in them (got a puncture, wasn't worth fixing). There's all the proof you need that the car hasn't been flogged. Well done!

Latest posts

Back