Hi, im a Nissan Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stomper

Reaction score
Northern Suburbs, Perth, Western Australia
Hi there all,

My name is Stuart and i have just recently purchased a 2nd hand D40 ST-X.
I have previously owned a HJ75 V8 Powered, a NA SWB Pajero, NB LWB Pajero and until recently a NL Exceed(Pajero).
Lets not talk too much about that though, it has been an expensive lesson...

A mate of mine purchased a 2009 D40 ST-X last year and i was quite impressed with what the diesel was capable of.

I wanted to step away from the wagon style 4X4 so the dual cab was on the cards.

Lets be hoping she treats me well.

Cheers Stuart :3gears:

Welcome Stuart

You are off to a great start choosing not only the right model but also the best colour in the range!

PS - let me know how it goes with the 285 shoes fitted. I am busting to find out from someone if things are as bad I envisage they might be (e.g. too high gearing and busted CV joints when under high loads)

Gus

Cheers Gus..

if i end breaking things early you will know,i wont keep it to myself put it that way,, im not sure if i will keep them on there for too long, im doing a 2000km return trip in a few weeks, i will soon see if i like it like that or not, my swb Paj had the same fitted a few years back, 2.6L petrol, she did some amazing things with no mechanical damage, i was kinda suprised.
Good lookin rig you got there to Gus, nice one.

Cheers Stuart

Welcome mate.

D40 looks good, did you consider a V6 D40 going by the V8 HJ75.

Dave.

Hi there Dave,

I seriously thought about it but after running the NL Paj for the last few years i am so over Petrol, im sure they both have their plus side but as my employer pays all my fuel, he was hinting to Diesel and im kinda hoping it will slow me down a little as well.

18.5l /100kms from the Paj with 285's on it..... ouch

Cheers Gus..

if i end breaking things early you will know,i wont keep it to myself put it that way,, im not sure if i will keep them on there for too long, im doing a 2000km return trip in a few weeks, i will soon see if i like it like that or not, my swb Paj had the same fitted a few years back, 2.6L petrol, she did some amazing things with no mechanical damage, i was kinda suprised.
Good lookin rig you got there to Gus, nice one.

Cheers Stuart

I am thinking that if I can be reasonably assured that I won't break CVs etc then I'd buy a set of steelies and fit the 285s to them and just use for the 4WDing. That way round town my fuel consumption won't be off the clock with the current ATs fitted to the factory alloys!

Took deleivery of my Nav yesterday and after much discussion with a few mates and from what i have read on the site i have decided against the 285's for now, im thinking im just going to leave the 255's on until they need replacing and i will probably be a little more conservative and just fit it up with some 265/75/16's when the time is due.

As much as its nice riding on some nice big boots im not altogether convinced i really need to, My old Pajero suffered power wise with them on and i dont think i really want to afflict the same to the Nav.

Looks like the 265's are good enough after reading heaps of other posts, i think i have talked myself into it... Time to start fitting all the other goodies.

Stuart

Latest posts

Back