HID Conversion - need globe seals

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwited

Reaction score
Hi all

I have swapped my standard lighting for HID 55W and it is a huge improvement.

One issue though. The existing globes are / were sealed into the light with a rubber grommet which kept it all waterproof.

The HID kit I bought did not come with grommets. It is difficult to reuse the old ones because the end of the HID globes are so much bigger.

Has anyone else had this issue and how was it solved?

Thanks

Ted
(Tennant Creek)

I can't remember how I solved it on the Nav but when I did the upgrade on my motorbike I just trimmed the big rubber grommet thing so it fitted over the back end of the HID globe. Worked a treat.

I had the same issue, I used the existing ones only I had to push the inside out. Then after a failed river crossing and filling up my headlights (as well as my interior) with water, I used rubber roofing grommets. Can get from bunnings or magnet mart, they're like a rubber pyramid designed to get cables and pipes through a metal roof. They come in a range of sizes, all you have to do is poke a hole for cables the fold it on itself onto the back of the globe the, like the standard one does on normal globes.
I hope my poorly detail explanation helps a bit.

I had the same issue, I used the existing ones only I had to push the inside out. Then after a failed river crossing and filling up my headlights (as well as my interior) with water, I used rubber roofing grommets. Can get from bunnings or magnet mart, they're like a rubber pyramid designed to get cables and pipes through a metal roof. They come in a range of sizes, all you have to do is poke a hole for cables the fold it on itself onto the back of the globe the, like the standard one does on normal globes.

They are called Dektites and are available in the plumbing section of any hardware store.

I used rubber roofing grommets. Can get from bunnings or magnet mart, they're like a rubber pyramid designed to get cables and pipes through a metal roof. They come in a range of sizes, all you have to do is poke a hole for cables the fold it on itself onto the back of the globe the, like the standard one does on normal globes.

Think you mean a dektite. That's what they're called.... Well that's the trade name. It's just a brand but they all go by the same name. They range from a 50mm large (then reducing to 10mm) to 120mm large. If you can't find them in a hardware store, try a trade suppliers. Middys, Reece or Tradelike etc.
Hope this helps.
-James.

Back