hid conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would they work with those ebay projector headlights? (Iknow it would still be illegal)
How much are the fatboy lamps? Think I might try em, my headlights are shithouse

The Evilbay lights with projector lenses in theory do work apart from the mechanism for self levelling.
So at the end of the day they are not legal to fit with HID
Unfortunately we have to wait till the 2010 models hit out shores and see if we can retrofit those headlight assemblies in total to our older D40 trucks

For those that are thinking of comparing that pic of headlights with their own, be warned: that pic must be of the light of a headlight in a left-hand-drive vehicle, as the light shines higher on the right. In Australia, it must be LOWER on the RIGHT.

I suppose that raises another issue: be very wary about buying headlights or even just the bulbs/reflector assemblies from overseas.

Just washers as far as I know
basically have a look at the specs of the 2010 model in Europe as thats basically what they may bring us .
just remember no self levelling equipment and they are not going to pass an inspection

Oh you gotta have little wiper blades. Can't get a good grip on the tool without those.

Seriously, the next Navara has pop-up sprayers but I didn't see any wipers on it. I'll go take another peek at it.

Ill get a pic of my lights later, what you said is how mine work.

Dave.
Dave, how did your HID install go? Got any pics yet... I'm about to install the same globes...

Where did you mount the ballasts? I'm having trouble finding a good spot for the Philips ballasts within reach of the head lights.

And how do you find the lights on high beam?

Are there any other tricks I need to know before I hook in...

Cheers Ligedy

The cops here are now defecting any vehicle with aftermarket HID kits installed in normal reflector type headlights.
Someone must of pissed someone off as they are tagetting those vehicles as its easy to see. Its a leave or tow defect meaning they are unable to drive it away that night. It must be either towed away or left till daylight to move it and then a full inspection at Rego .
Also pinging people for other that white park lights .

Dave, how did your HID install go? Got any pics yet... I'm about to install the same globes...

Where did you mount the ballasts? I'm having trouble finding a good spot for the Philips ballasts within reach of the head lights.

And how do you find the lights on high beam?

Are there any other tricks I need to know before I hook in...

Cheers Ligedy

Usual driving the HID is heaps better, the highbeam isn't super dooper but I have spotties which are also HID so it light the area up very well.

Ill post up 2 pics tomorrow however in my members thread there are pics with the spotties on to.

Dave.

what do the ipf fatboy globes retail for? im sick of the standard d40 lights

Jaycar hid conversion kit

Good Day All,

first ever post so bear with me if i am repeating information

$149.00 ?? for kit from JARCAR Cairns about two months ago into D40 Juy 2010 rego

did it while visiting son's hobby farm so no good tools were avaible

easy conversion just put ballast boxes onto inner guards

result OK

D40 has adjustable lights and shielded globes so do not see any legal issues

Welcome Cesj

From memory I think you'll find other threads here that suggest headlights have to be automatically adjusted or some such thing before they can be fitted legally. I've never taken too much notice of the HID chatter but I do know there legalities have been thrashed out on here before and seem to think the consensus was that it's illegal in current D40's. I'm sure someone else who's been interested in them will be able to give more info though.

what do the ipf fatboy globes retail for? im sick of the standard d40 lights
ARB charged me $175 for a set of IPF fatboys... They scoffed at the idea of a discount when asked so I just paid the amount and whacked them in before heading off on a highway trip.

I can't say what the improvement is like with them in though as my 2010 D40 was 5 minutes old when I put them in and thus I never drove with the standard gobes in... I just gave them a go based on other's comments on how good they are...

I guess they are great globes let down by Nissan's headlight reflectors as I reckon high beam is still ordinary for a modern car (my issue with the fatboys in, is that when low beam is adjusted spot on, high beam is too far up the road and doesn't focus near the road surface and when high beam is sweet, low beam is not at it's optimum - being too close).

I have looked into HID and yes technicaly they are not ADR compliant on a D40 and illegal but I am led to believe so are fat boys due to their higher wattage... That aside, I was more concerned with frying an expensive electrical system or Nissan voiding any warranty issues down the track as the Philips H4 bi-xenon globe shileds are extremely close to the metal shield inside the headlight. The philips HID kit I was going to install said 5mm clearance should be maintained to stop the chance of the globes arcing out... Mine did not have 5mm on one head light and Knowing my luck this would be the first time it has ever happened to anyone so I decided not to go ahead with it on my brand newcar...

All my mates keep on telling me the 'proper' way to get more light is to spend the extra money on a bar and mount some driving lights... HID spoties for way more light than headlights will ever give you and legal if that concerns you for insuarance and warranty purposes...

Now I'm back in the shed pondering which brand spotties, hid vs halogon, spread vs pencil...too many options to choose from :)

yeh i plan on getting a bar and a good set of spotties. so i mainly just want to get a good set of globes that will give me decent lowbeam.

Latest posts

Back