HID inserts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldy

Reaction score
G’day All
I have just purchased a pair of HID high/low inserts with ballasts and wiring etc from JAYCAR. The shelf price for the set was $299 but, at the register they scanned at $149 !!!! SWEET.
I am concerned when I read the instructions. They are in that “Chinese English”. Usually a good laugh but I think this is different.
Any thoughts ???
It looks to be all there, but, has anyone had any exposure to these kits?
Do the ballasts need to be up high and out of the water?
The Hi/Low beam is achieved by a solenoid pushing the globe in and out. I wonder what happens when this gives up.
I am beginning to talk myself into returning the things before I take them out of the bag.
Goldy

EVERYTHING comes from china
most kits whether be $50 or $500 they proberbly come out of same factory.
the ballasts are ment to be sealed and watertight they are cased in a sillicone inside the casing. I have had no problems of water ingress.
If you have bixenon (high and low beam in one filament) make sure you install them well as I had 2 sets and they kept falling out of the cradle inserts.

use them theyre heaps better than halogen. 5000k is the whitest and most penetration I have found.

What do you wanna know ?

There easy to wire up.

I have a Philips HID kit in my headlights.

If you need pics, sing out.

What do you wanna know ?

There easy to wire up.

I have a Philips HID kit in my headlights.

If you need pics, sing out.

Pics please as I am going to install some in my headlights this weekend.
55w 4300k
Cheers hunter

G'day Dave.
You have the Phillips inserts. Do you recon the Jaycar Chinese stuf is OK. I would hate to get caught "in the dark"?!?!
I'l be interested in your pic's. thenks

i Got a set of phillips 6k hid hi-lo in my truck and love them, def need some HID spotties to go with them as high beam isn't the best. I am also on my second set as the first one rattled loose on first day i installed them and melted on itself, so ensure they are sitting in cradle properly and you too will love them.

Brett

G'day Dave.
You have the Phillips inserts. Do you recon the Jaycar Chinese stuf is OK. I would hate to get caught "in the dark"?!?!

To be honest. The first set of Philips globes I had were crap. 1 wouldn't switch to high beem and the other globe failed after a month.

Philips replaced them and I picked up another set as spares as you cant really pick them up from the servo at 2am.

My Chinese HID kit in the spotties, first kit lasted 3 years and never had a drama. Only put another kit in them as 1 globe blew.

In saying that. Those spotties are used every night as they usually save me from kangaroo and wombat strikes at 2am.

In this day and age of throw away society I thought Beep it.

New kit it is.

I grabbed pics of the spare loom I have.

Pics are uploading.

The Philips kit is good, the hi-bem isn't spetacular but the HID spotties have that duty.

So I am happy.

G'day Dave.

goldy
I brouhgt mine (55w 4300k) $205 inc post from Matt (JET-6) on the Patrol forum he sell his branded Thumpanic and is highly recommened.
hunter

By the sound of all this I should get some spare globes to carry and give these things a go.

The extra light output sounds almost too good to be true.

Thanks for all your input. I'll let you know how it goes.

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

does anyone know if it is illegal to have HID lights in a halogen designed light?

I just went with the 6k as they don't come across blue at a distance, they are just white as day. So hopefully coppers don't really notice.

Brett

i interested in converting my IPF 900s into hid.whats the best kit? should i get just an ebay cheaper or put some cash towards them? i looked at predator and phillips(genuine) kits etc and just cant pic the difference. well except the ebay kist come with extensions and shit.

Thanks for those pic's Dave. It looks exactly like the kit that I got from Jaycar. Even the writing on the lamp holder and the green ring look the same. Mad D40 recons they all come from the same place. I guess he is right.

Does the "headlight harness plug" work without any mods? Where did you mount your ballasts?

Hey mate i installed the kit from Jaycar today payed 130 for the lights Jewed them down on the price.... its quite awsome i got photos of the whole install for you which i will upload... all i can say is def worth it

G'day ANO

The pics would be great.

How did they fit in with the seals on the back of the headlight, did you have to cut anything?

Latest posts

Back