High beam wire color

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chieftain

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to this forum, just joined.

I have a 2009 D40, spanish one, apparently. Well it said on some stickers up under the front bar. Got it at the end of Jan.

Put on a big set of Narva spots. Pencil and spread. It came with a plug and play harness, simple. Well after undoing the Nissan bar and tilting it so I could fit them I ran the harness and now all I have to do is to splice into the harness under the dash to get a signal off the high beam switch/stalk/whatever you want to call it. Any one know what it's color is.

Thought I could find an original wiring diagram but it proved hard.

Thanks in advance.

not sure how your wiring it up, but you should pull the signal wire from the high beam behind the headlight, that way the 12 volts you are tapping into has already gone through the relay and fuse. if you are tapping in to it for your switch to signal to spot light relay dont do it under dash, if your spot lights short out you will send the short straight to your light stalk and stuff it, trust me seen it . run two wires through the fire wall hook one to high beams behind head light, one to signal terminal on relay, and join the other two to the switch in the cab. ( im assuming you are using and aftermarket loom, not trying to use the foglight loom in the car)

Get a test light n turn ur high beams on ans see which wires light up with the tester than turn ur light back to normal n see what wires dont light up, that will be ur high beam wire

It is the Narva loom. The only bare cable supplied goes to the headlight high beam cable from the stalk. The loom comes in four sections. All plugged, labelled, sheafed in corrugated plastic with the relay and fuse connected.

I'm inside now, playing on the puter and sampling bundy.

Get a test light n turn ur high beams on ans see which wires light up with the tester than turn ur light back to normal n see what wires dont light up, that will be ur high beam wire

Just did'nt want to go stabbing away with the test light probe into that mass of cables under the dash. Was looking to do it the easy way!

Cheers and thanks.

If Im not mistaken there is no 12v lines anywhere on the stalk. I thought it was all logic wiring and that drives the BCM and that drives the relays .
Well thats what I found from the early model wiring diagrams so I went direct off the back of the headlight .

You might want to check if its a genuine wiring harness. A generic might suggest coming off the back of the stalk.
I remember for the 07 ST-X the wiring harness was all plug and pray.I was going to use the factory harness until I saw it was a momentary contact switch and a latching relay so you had to turn the lights on EVERY time you wanted to use it. Dont know if they changed that for later models

Last edited:
If Im not mistaken there is no 12v lines anywhere on the stalk. I thought it was all logic wiring and that drives the BCM and that drives the relays .
Well thats what I found from the early model wiring diagrams so I went direct off the back of the headlight .

You might want to check if its a genuine wiring harness. A generic might suggest coming off the back of the stalk.
I remember for the 07 ST-X the wiring harness was all plug and pray.I was going to use the factory harness until I saw it was a momentary contact switch and a latching relay so you had to turn the lights on EVERY time you wanted to use it. Dont know if they changed that for later models

Hey AF, think you are right there. Found some US/Canadian diagrams and it seemed that they. The signal wire was as long as the loom so I ran it back and spliced it into the blue wire at the back of the headlight. It was a generic plug n play harness that came with the Narva Ultimas.

Thanks all. I am now ADR compliant. Probably for the first time ever for one of my vehicles. Well, for the moment.

The Frontier ( nth American D40 ) is similar but not the same. Wiring is all different but the same principles apply .As long as your driving lights only work on High bean and can be switched off so you have headlight High beam only then your all compliant.

Exactly AF. The switch in the kit has a little blue light and a red light. All looks good.

Was interesting looking at the headlight wire gauge, bloody tiny. I reckon that could be improved on with a heavier gauge, some relays and a little more swearing. Oh, and a globe upgrade.

With our plastic headlights we have a real issue with heat. I run Narva Plus 100's , same heat and wattage but brighter output. Have checked my plugs and they dont get hot ( for now) so should be ok for now.

Latest posts

Back