Wiring light bar problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ablong

Reaction score
Hi

So I managed to get my light bar wired up but I have a few issues

1. When high beam is on the light bar work but the cabin switch dosnt turn it off

2.when car is off and you flash the high beams, the light bar come on as well but when you release the headlight stalk the light bar switches off but the low beams stay on

3. If lights are off and you turn the cabin switch on the led bar lights up but the so does the low beams

Now I used the power wire between the relay and cabin switch to splice into the high beam wire on the right hand headlight just behind the light itself.

Was thus the right wire to use or should I splice into the high beams using
1. The power wire that has the fuse in it and goes between the battery positive and the relay

Or? Lol I'm lost

Lol I just tried splicing into the power wire which goes from the positive battery to the positive switch... And couple of sparks, smoke and heat....

Lol then I spliced in the positive wire from relay to led bar and have exactly same problem... Etc low beams stays on after flash high beams when engine is off

Try drawing a schematic diagram - list what sort of loom are you using and we might be able to help. In principle you do use high beam to trigger a relay to turn the auxiliary lighting on. This high beam trigger is interrupted by a switch in the cabin so you can have light bar either on or off with high beam.

As above. You should have a wire going from the high beam wiring on the car, this goes to one side of the switch, the other side of the switch goes to pin 86 on the relay. If you want to tap into the high beam wire at the headlight, just run some twin core cable into the cabin. Hook one wire up to each side of the switch, then use one of them for the high beam connection and the other for the relay.

Pin 85 on the relay goes to either battery negative or a good earth point somewhere near where the relay is positioned, you can also run the earth from the light bar to the same spot at this.

Pin 30 on the relay can be the +12v fused input from the battery. What size fuse it needs depends on how many amps your light bar draws.

Pin 87 on the relay goes out to the positive on the light bar.

I'm not sure if that's what you have done, but that will work on any 12v switched system.

I think you will also find, flashing the high beams with the headlight switch off activates a setting in the bcm that keeps the low beam on for a period of time, to allow you to get to your front door at night time. They should go off automatically after a short time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you've done mate but id suggest going back to the drawing board and look at some standard wiring diagrams

Lol I just tried splicing into the power wire which goes from the positive battery to the positive switch... And couple of sparks, smoke and heat....

Make sure you check your cables for melted insulation

And make sure you install fuses :)

Latest posts

Back