High Km YD25 D40s

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shr1mpy

Reaction score
Just putting it out there. How many kms are YD25 D40s good for realistically? You hear the rumor that the engine fails at 200,000kms.

Obviously there are many factors such as servicing, environment, driving styles etc. But if you replaced the timing chain every 100,000 as a bit of proactive maintence, it should go for a fair old while.

Any first hand experiences out there?

Not yet. We're approaching 160,000km and the engine is still going strong. Had minor issues like boost leaks but no major component failures. Timing chains sound good. Engine sounds better when using BP Ultimate Diesel too - much quieter.

Before the young fella that brought my old 07 D40 off me wrote it off it had 282,000km's on it, still original timing chain too. (only thing replaced engine wise was SCV and normal services).

210000km had timing chain done at 140k I think it was. Strong as a ox. Recommend the BP ultimate too. Nice drop.

Before the young fella that brought my old 07 D40 off me wrote it off it had 282,000km's on it, still original timing chain too. (only thing replaced engine wise was SCV and normal services).

Now that's a good innings! Hopefully I can have a good run with mine.

I christened the nav taking it onto the beach and 4by for the first time in its life. Really happy how it went, even through some tight, steep and windy tracks (I was surprised as it has a long wheel base and a crappy turning circle).

I've had a 91 TD42 SWB "shorty" Patrol, 2003 GUIII ZD30 Patrol wagon and a 2001 HDJ100R Land cruiser Wagon and it certainly kept up with them (even the mighty HDJ)

I'm hoping my current one is as good as the old one too and so far being 26 months old and having 142,000km it's looking good so far. (touch wood)

Latest posts

Back