High kms on d40 diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza

Reaction score
Hi all

Having owned my D40 for about a month now, it's got me thinking (part of this is from threads read on different forums).

In terms of reliability of the d40's with high Kms there are the consumable items which need to be looked after ie tyres, brakes, discs etc.

How are the major components in terms of reliability? Such as overall engine, injectors, pump etc?

I guess there are some threads that talk about injector issues or timing chain noises from early on its life.

So my question is, will my 200,000 km d40 blow up soon :) not quite dramatic but how reliable are they?

As far as I know mine has only had a solid flywheel and clutch put in and just normal servicing.

Thanks

i was under the impression that the timing chain issue seemed to rear it's head around the 100,000km mark though i haven't researched it thoroughly on here, don't have to worry about it for a while!

im at 220000kms still going strong, probs only recommend u get a egr clean, ie intake plenum clean

Back