High Mileage D22 Purchase info required.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rytan

Reaction score
Looking at buying my first Navara just wanted to see who's running high mileage YD25 's and if they've had any issues. I'm looking at 2 at the moment, one with 165000 for $18000 one with 250000 for $13000. Now that extra cash could definitely be used to deck out the rig but I was wondering if they start seeing more problems at those kilometers because if they do I'd rather fork out the extra and deck it out down the track. I used to work for Nissan but never really seen a YD25 with that many k's before. Also not interested in a ZD30 they're all bad.

The highest mileage D22's on here are all ZD30's as far as I know, so you may not get much in the way of useful information.

meh 165k is hardly high ks for a petrol, let alone a diesel.

im at 110ks on my YD25 and it feels like its hardly worn in mate, feels like it will go forever.
just check the usual stuff and ensure its been serviced religiously all its life and have proof its been serviced and you will be sweet.

id have no hesitation buying a yd25 with 200k on the clock if its been serviced.

I have heard of 200k as said if it's well serviced it should be fine i personally change oil every 5k probably a waste of money but i reckon cheap insurance.

I read about more problems with the YD25 than the ZD30. Timing chain, suction control valve, fuel rail sensor, they all blow smoke, dpf regens....

I have 171,000 on my YD25 D22 and no problems that i know of and seems to run fine no mechanical issues that i know of, nothing that you wouldnt expect. in saying that i didnt put 140,000 of those on.

I picked up my 09 d22 for $18,400 with 62k on the clock pretty much stock and no visible beach work and a clean record. If you wait a bit and don't jump straight in you'll catch a bargain, just keep an eye out :)

I read about more problems with the YD25 than the ZD30. Timing chain, suction control valve, fuel rail sensor, they all blow smoke, dpf regens....

Hmm and of them all almost only ever seem to be about the d40...hmm

Didn even blink buying a ZD30 with 220,000 on the clock, still running strong, good service history, I change oil every 5000k's while barely uses any oil between changes and never needs topping up (could probably do 10 tho between changes), so if the ZD30 is all bad then the 2.5 should be all good even with the 250,000 on the clock eh!!

no different that the patrol zd30's putting a bad name of the d22 zd30's but there is nothing wrong with them

Interesting, my zd30 has done 280000ks of towing and still goes like new, o well, you must have some insider knowledge that we dont.:yeahright:

Latest posts

Back