Holden gone by 2017

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there should be tariffs, how much I wouldn't know. I think the holden workers are lucky they have a bit of notice to gain new skills to find new jobs some people aren't so lucky. I worked in the bush for a long time and had to make a change and now I make chocolates it was hard to adjust but you just do it. the government down here has ruined the timber industry and are now starting on the mining industry

Tell ya what if there was tariffs you wouldn't have brought your Navara for the price you paid.

For Instance. We have a so called free trade agreement with Thailand, every truck made there comes in with not a cent of tax applied to it but a Ford Territory made here that you can buy in Thailand thru the Ford dealers will cost you $100,000! Work that out.

Yes its the same with the protons , it should be even- stevens but if Holden want to export to Malaysia I think its 50% import duty,
And that's one of the reasons we can't compete >

That's a Thai stitch up, it's actually not a Tariff, it's an excise, brought in by the Thai Government after the FTA took effect. The excise applies to their locally produced cars as well.

Semantics really, the end result is the same, a bloody expensive Ford Territory.

Reading a report on car sales.
The family sedan sales have been is steep decline for the last couple of years.
SUV's make approximately 50% of all vehicle sales in OZ now.

So its your fault you, you SUVers you.

Its not like we all couldn't see the trend. But 50% wow.

So the oz gubberment helped these co's tool up to build the wrong type of car.

Latest posts

Back