Holy Sh1t.......it's happening!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashum1

Reaction score
Picked up new van on thursday, got it home and it's been getting washed ever since, gotta love Queensland!

Anyway, contract on house, $$ going into nav, kids stoked, soon to start towing around australia.

Attachments

• element.jpg
    element.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 173
Top stuff!

If you make it down to Tassie, would love to show you some of our favourite places. Our young bloke loves getting away in the van.

Hell yes krafty, grabbing me a granny!

Cheers doc, will do.

Don't stress it nakedape, most are.

You'll love it ... my dad's taken to the nomad way and has no regrets at all.

Love's everyday and everything about it ... especially being able to chase the warmth all year round.

We have pretty much no plans, apart from head south in about 2 months, do some snow, then probably south then west then across the top in the next dry. If we find somewhere we really like we may hang around for a while. Could take a couple of years, who knows. Got no reason to rush.

2 years! You lucky bugger.

We are doing it for 4 months later in the year and compared to 2 years we won't scratch the surface.

Might see you round the traps.

For sure.
We'll be working day here day there to keep the wheels turning, wont be digging into house profits too much. As for 2 years we may not enjoy that much and stop sooner or we may just keep touring, the only factor is going to be the kids schooling with our eldest starting high school in 2015 but I suppose being away from bad influences (apart from her father) won't be such a bad thing.
I am really looking forward to it, been working way too hard for too long now and have really lost touch with my kids.

been working way too hard for too long now and have really lost touch with my kids.

Should be the perfect cure for both those ills. Like you, I don't think I can be bothered working my arse off only to have my kids look at me at their 21st and say who the feck are you?

Should be the perfect cure for both those ills. Like you, I don't think I can be bothered working my arse off only to have my kids look at me at their 21st and say who the feck are you?

Not exactly what an old guy told me a few decades ago, but the same meaning. Poor bastard worked three jobs to provide house and home for the family and the kids were leaving ad going their own way before he knew it.

From everyone I've spoken to that's done it, it's a wonderful thing and it will change your life and the way you look at life. We were going to be doing very similarly but personal circumstances have postponed it for us.

From the travelling we've done so far we've learned that there's just WAY too much to see and appreciate in a short time. We've spent the last 5 years scrambling around the south-eastern quarter of Australia (from Hobart to Uluru, Adelaide to Glen Innes). There's so much we've missed out on, and so much we want to go back and spend more time at. I think if we did the same, we'd spend two years just looking around NSW!

Latest posts

Back