Home made bullbar D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshp82

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been given the opportunity of a custom made bullbar to suit my D22
See pick below of one on an 80series cruiser. My question is, can I have this bar fitted? Will it void my insurance will my airbags still work? It looks awesome but I would hate to he caught out if something goes wrong. If all goes well the guy who is making line said he can make a few if anyone else in interested
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362307633.165322.jpg

We used to make steel bars and there was no issues with insurance and rego but that was before air bags. Making them air bag compliant is possible but I don't know the steps

going to make are a start on the bar for my ute shortly. can anyone that has a steel bar on their D22 take some pictures of the mounts with tape measure on them? or if they have a bar off their use that can trace them onto a.template for me?

You need Crush tubes or plates....basically a deformed (zigzag shaped) plate or tube the idea is that the bar has to collapse no faster or slower than the original front sheet metal /chassis rails...so basically it offers zero extra protection but when you hit a pedestrian/kanga at 100kmph you f... your car and not the frontal intruder......all current bars on any make and model will have these unfortunatly....airbags could be axccelarometer bases as the d40's and patrols are

Actually does the d22 have airbags? I would double check those brackets just find one in a car park somewhere .....just dont get caught.if they are just brackets your job just got heaps easier.

Latest posts

Back