How hard? 2005 frontier heater core

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retsnom92

Reaction score
Hey guys im from usa and my 2005 frontiers heater core is leaking im 89% sure its the heater core, and not a line. Dripping coolant in driver side floor board. I took off the glove box and saw the heater box. Is removal of the dash necessary?? Could ibuse a dremel tool to cut into the box??? For quick access? Pardon my redneck ingenuity. Any help would ne apprecetive. Also club frontier has no thread on this issue ivdo not like club frontier

I"d be surprised if it's a line mate - connections are generally made on the engine-side of the firewall just to prevent leaks in the cabin.

Do the leaks smell like coolant? Could it be aircon condensation leaking? I ask that because I'm not sure of the layout for left hand drive dash boards.

I haven't looked up the service manual for methods on removing the heater core so not sure, but would be surprised if you could get to it without butchering the entire heater box, then you woudl have to somehow put it back together to actually get the heater working again.

Yea, its definitely coolant. Bright green liquid. Yea i guess cutting a way at the box want be a good idea. Its this has to come at the worst time befor christmas and iv only had the damn thing for 2 months.

That sucks mate, am sorry to hear it.

I'll have a look in the service manual when I get home for some procedures, but someone else may be able to chime in in the meantime and offer up some advice.

This isn't a nice problem to have.

Page 99 of MTC.pdf in the manual shows the LHD dash with the heater core and that looks like it's inserted from above the ducting - which means if you can't drop the ductwork and raise it to wiggle it out, you will have to dismantle the entire thing.

Looks to me that you can't dremel your way in there so that you can easily reassemble - the core looks like it lies up against the firewall (which makes sense).

I'm not going to suggest connecting the two lines together with your winter approaching. Good luck!

Yea bypassing it did come across my mind there for a second. And what hurts is that its a damn dealer part going to charge me $233 for it. Part store has one that says "part fitting varies between vehicles" its only $30 dollars. If i knew someone who tried it and it worked id just buy the part store part and be happy

Ok iv orderd the heater core off of discountnissanparts.com $143 bucks. Im planning on doing a thread on replacing one due to tgere never being one. Anywhere....

Latest posts

Back