How to grease the driveshafts on a D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor

Reaction score
Hi. I have a strange knocking sound when I go over bumps and turn on full lock. I have found out that it's the driveshaft. I have a manual and it says to pack it with grease.
Can you do this without removing the driveshaft? Also how do you pack it? Do they mean remove the rubber boot and pack the boot with grease?
Obviously I have know idea so would be really greatefull for some help.

Cheers Kat

It depends if it's the front prop-shaft or the rear drive shaft.
The front props act has a grease nipple on it up near the transfer case.
The drive shaft at the rear has nothing. It also maybe that one of the balancing weights has fallen off the drive shaft?

Also check your suspension bushes. I had a knock coming from my front when I turned corners and under heavy braking and under some articulation. Turns out the rubber bushes on the front shockie had worn down.

Mate I used to get a similar noise when at full lock and going over bumps and it turned out to be the steering lock stops.

Cheers for the quick reply much appreciated. I'll have to look into it further and let you know. My truck is a 4x4 model.
Thanks Kat.

noise

If you have a look behind the front wheels you'll see a cup which receives a ball mounted on the steering arm, this acts as a stop to prevent over steering. I believe there would have been a rubber cap on this when the truck was new. Absolutely nothing to worry about. That noise just means you might want to stop steering any further.

Latest posts

Back