How to Improve fuel economy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1000 spent on a full 3 inch exhaust is the best thing i ever did to my 06 3lt. i wish id done it when i first bought it . went from about 550ks to 700 a tank . i now get better economy towing i camper trailer than i did bobtail.

I run 40 psi cold
Got 31's
Fully loaded nearly 300kg all the time with a roof rack all bar work and bash plates I get 10.9-12 depending on the day of the week and which way the winds blowing

where you get you fuel from plays a lot into economy also. I switched from the smaller local servo (BP)to the truck stop(BP) and with the fresh fuel I went from around town 12.6 to 11.4. I did reset the computer both times before fill up.

Ive got an 04 d22 YD25 done 250000kms the engine has just been fully reconed using d40 bottom end and block.i just put my first tank through it and got 830kms. This consisted of about 350kms of highway and the rest round town.

When I filled it back up it took 64.47 ltrs. So I think that works out close to 13ltrs per 100km

There was so quiet driving at the start due to being a fresh tight engine but ife mainly driven it like normal
Just thought i might tell you that one. Im over the moon with that sort of economy

Last edited:
Not sure if you are posting in the right section although you do say your D22 has a D40 bottom end :laugh:

From the figures you have provided, my calculations work out to 7.77 litres per hundred.

I'm sceptical of the computer generated figures.
Reading this thread without knowing which figure is from an board computer or actual measurement won't give a real comparison. Just to state the obvious.

The display figure on mine always reads about .3 to .5 l/100 lower than it really is. Filling up last night the display said 9.0 yet calculated it's 9.44 L/100. Since delivery in February and 700 Ltrs diesel later, I'm getting 9.26 L/100 avg since then. Each week there is a slight improvement as the engine wears in. Stock standard, with a nudgebar, side rails, tow bar, roof racks and 2 antennas up front.

Dex

The display figure on mine always reads about .3 to .5 l/100 lower than it really is. Filling up last night the display said 9.0 yet calculated it's 9.44 L/100. Since delivery in February and 700 Ltrs diesel later, I'm getting 9.26 L/100 avg since then. Each week there is a slight improvement as the engine wears in. Stock standard, with a nudgebar, side rails, tow bar, roof racks and 2 antennas up front.

Dex

Is it a my13 or my14? Thats brilliant at 9s.
Interesting the difference between actual and real.

Im getting 11.5 with alot of short drives and traffic lights. 33's 2.75 exhaust, chip, hard pipe, egr blocked and its about 50/50 for hard/easy driving. Mines 2013 st

Lowest i saw was 8.2 when it was bone stock and i was driving like a grandpa all highway

It's MY13 manual. Has done a 2 trips to blue mts, 1 to Nowra, the rest to from work in stop start traffic, hour each way. I'm happy with results considering the old Mazda Tribute it replaced was getting 12 L/100.
Dex

Latest posts

Back