Humming noise from front end when cornering (left & right)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffta

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm a new d22 owner so please excuse my ignorance. I'm getting a humming sound from the front end when turning. Power steering fluid level is ok. Could it be that I'm just not used to driving with chunkier tyres fitted?

Sounds like a tyre issue.
Check that the tyres are wearing evenly on the outside edges.
Rotate the tyres.
If the noise happen under speed, then you have a wheel alignment problem.

Hey mate mine usualy makes noise when I'm near full lock the tyers rub against the chaise. I'm running 275 on stock suspension just look for marks and the plastics in the wheel arch.

Thanks for your help guys. I found a nice patch of even surfaced but unsealed road, did a few left and right turns on there to listen for the sound - it didn't do it. Hoping its just the difference in the tyres. Had a look for rubbing in the wheel arches, no evidence that this is occurring.

Will jack up and check the bearings over the weekend.

Is there a way I can tell if the alignment & camber is ok? Or do I have to take it to a tyre place to be looked at?

Jacked up the d22 on each corner today and gave the wheels a bit of a wiggle. Looks like the front two wheels have a tiny amount of play in them. As an enthusiastic amateur, am I able to adjust the bearings or is it a garage job? I have freewheeling hubs.

Attachments

• image-2991337697.jpg
    image-2991337697.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 64
Back