Hunter Valley Random chat.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no worries andrew
i have some more cash work for you if you want it (custom kitchen in tray of f 250)
the nav is giong to be very busy over xmas with a $10 k budget to fit all the good stuff
hopefully there will be enuf left over for scotts sliders
TONY
can you make up my mind for me re battery and charger choice
atm i am giong with a redarc 40 amp dc to dc charging a 100 amp gel batt in tub
powering a 60 ltr waeco,camp lights,laptop charging ect
the 2 cranking batts will be left alone (one for winch)
any thoughts/comments
cheers
sparra

Last edited:
Have you bought any gear yet?

If not, dump the gel idea, batteries are crap. An AGM costs a little more and doesn't need to be handled as gently as the fragile gel batteries - fragile in a charging sense.

The dc-dc charger is a good idea, c-tek also have one, both available from ARB Newcastle. Ray's Outdoors at Kotara have AGM batteries and C-tek chargers too.

Just use some heavy cable to the tub and fuse it appropriately and you'll be right.

I'd get a smaller inverter for inside the cabin and charge the laptop in there rather than in the tub, or I'd have suggested the same setup I use with an inverter/charger in the tub.

Dave said:
Shouldn't you be working ?

Oh and the Hunter Valley is a huge area.

The best thing about it is, its nothing like Sydney.

English is the only language. Lol.

The list goes on.

I resent that being a Wog myself.
Hunter isn't too bad I guess you got the watagans near you

no worries andrew
i have some more cash work for you if you want it (custom kitchen in tray of f 250)

Yeah should be able to do that aswell after i get yours done. I am making jigs as i go with my build, hopefully they will come in handy for other jobs.

I resent that being a Wog myself.
Hunter isn't too bad I guess you got the watagans near you

Maybe so, wog or not.

English is the first language and everyone should know how to speak it.

When are you back up here Fatboy ?

I Can't even speak Greek . Undertand it though. Haha.
Umm not sure Dave. Was meant to be shooting up near there this week but I traded it off to go to pennsylvania stte forest instead for an over nighter.
When everyone doing a watagans trip?

Unfortunately you won't be enjoying my presence this weekend as I'll
Be out near Bathurst training the pups for pigging and doing some freezer stocking

Latest posts

Back