I bought a what?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malicious

Reaction score
Yeah a navara , the girlfriends car just got written off so we went to the local jeep dealership , as she loves camping etc she wanted a jeep , as luck happens the jeep dealer is also a nissan dealer.
So with the 2013 runout cutting $10k off the price , I bought a d40 and she gets my current car.
Good deal for me .
Good deal for her because I promised to go mud crabbing more and since it's a ute can throw the pot in the back and hose it out when done , well that was an excuse to sway her to the navara.
Had looked around at used utes but at the current price couldn't go past it.
Pick it up in a weeks time and can't wait, it's sitting at the dealer waiting for me but steering a house boat for the girlfriend's parents and grandma.
Anyway had given me plenty of time to read the forum and put together a care package for the new toy, so pcv catch can and egr plate mod should be at home waiting by the time I get back, I don't like breathing in my farts so why should the nav.
Have an electronics background and have a project in mind that should workout nice, a bit of a 4wd systems monitor data logger , similar to a scangauge but with more functions, like EGT monitoring , multi battery system monitoring , maybe gps data logging aswell will see how it develops.
Anyway enough dribble from me.

Mal

First of all WELL DONE!!
Second, Steering a house boat?? and MORE mud crabbing?? sounds like you have it tough my friend.
Nice work and congrats on the new ute.

Welcome to the forum!

Before you invest a lot of time in the project, first grab a hold of a bluetooth OBD adapter (about $20 tops on eBay) and the Torque app for Android (free to try, $5 to buy, for smart phones or tabs, I have it on both).

It can collect most information from the ECU, and graph it with GPS coordinates, timestamps and more. Get into the advanced menus - you'll love it.

Hey Old Tony,
Yes already have torque on my tablet and phone for another car, but with this project want to have other sensors interfaced like dual battery monitoring EGT etc sort of a one device to do all , with alarm outputs etc, most likely will be arduino based with an LCD display data recording to USB , it will be a fun thing to do.
My aim will be to keep it as low priced as possible and all coding open source to share with others.

Latest posts

Back