i need help!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was discussing putting a screen in front of my radiator/intercooler to stop stones/bugs from damaging anything, and was strongly warned against doing it.

With the steel bullbar in the front, I've already reduced the airflow to this area and by putting a mesh screen up, I'm only going to reduce the airflow more. That means intercooler doesn't exchange heat as well, radiator doesn't exchange heat as well, air intake temps rise giving slightly less power under boost, water temp rises.

Basically the guy said I've less chance of having a stone ding my intercooler than I have of overheating the engine with the protective mesh. Or to put it another way, if I put the mesh there, I'm guaranteed to overheat. If I don't, there's a *chance* I'll get a rock in it.

So, how's the airflow into the front? Any obstructions? Even a bullbar/winch?

You have a Terrano motor, yes? I read this on the 4WDA forums.

Overheating issue – Terrano’s may require an Australian version water pump / visco clutch to lower temperatures, below is the outcome of a problem that offroadjack was having. The hill he speaks of is regularly travelled by him and he was experiencing high temperatures prior to installing the new set-up.

Originally Posted by offroadjack
Hey buddy, guess what....it was the water pump/visco fan clutch which is one thing, never seen anything like it before, but anyway the pump has been replaced but probably an aftermarket one as there are 2 different pumps. We got the one that was made for the oz conditions and makes a hell of a difference! The old pump was new BUT not the Australian version visco clutch on it. Went for a drive and climbed the big hill on full throttle and it climbed up to just over half and that's where it stayed which is good!

I fitted a brand new nissan water pump and clutch fan ass. Still ran hot, fitted a larger radiator from a d22, and runs perfect. Boost is 12psi which i have been told is standard.

Latest posts

Back