I need to buy a swag.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After quite a bit of research I just bought an Oztrail Lachlan swag. They are normally $300+ on sale but I found this site that has them for $299 with a bag and free delivery ($269 without the bag but you have to pay for postage)!!

Decided on this one because it's got vent at the top and bottom and a zipped top section so if there are no mossies you can open it right up.

http://www.campingcentral.com.au/oztrail-lachlan-deluxe-14oz-canvas-single-swag/

So I thought I would do a quick review now that I have used this a few times up the high country.

Pros:

Easy to setup
Zips are good quality and slide easily
Keeps the rain off very well
Doesn't get moisture creep from the ground

Cons:

The center pole is on the inside so on a cold night condensation develops and because a swag is relatively small, it ends up touching your covers so they get a bit damp. Wasn't a major issue but its annoying as you have to dry everything.
The little pins that are used to hold the poles in were not fully closed onto the ring for the swag so due to the pole pressure they would slide off. I ended up losing 2 of them on a 10 day trip.
Mattress is probably a touch too soft. I'm 85kg and when I sleep I can just feel the ground through it. Good enough for a good nights sleep but I'm going to get a thin second mattress to go under the main one.

Overall I'm very pleased with it and will be using it again next weekend. Can't wait :)

If anyone is still looking for a swag, Harris Scarfe have the Oztrail Mitchell on sale for $139 from Wed 5th June for a week. My son has one of these and it's a pretty good unit for casual use. Also some nice bra shots in the catalogue!!

Latest posts

Back