i went 100km/ph in 4HI. is that ok?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would have got a small dose of "wind-up" if you turned any corners while in 4Hi while on the tar...
From the absence of you stating that you had trouble getting it out of 4Hi, it seems not much wind-up happened too :)

The damage is more likely to be in the transfer chain, which will have stretched a little from cornering on the solid surface. Other than that and a little extra tyre wear, you probably did nothing dramatic to the vehicle at all.

Done the same myself in my D40, forgot to take it out of 4hi after retrieving my boat. Drove about 20/25k before realizing what i had done. No noises and still works perfect, has had oil change since and nothing out of the ordinary so hoping no real damage done. Shame they don't have a more noticeable warning light like some other 4 wheel drives.

Someone I know drove it in 4h until their first service at 1000k's. She had been complaining how hard the steering was in car parks so it was obviously in 4h most of the time. She had also driven on the highway.

The dealer noticed at the service. No problems so far so I would not worry.

You have a green icon??? My 2009 D40 STX only has a difficult to see stick figure of the drive train on the instrument cluster which is easily overlooked. Is there something not working on mine? or is the light only fitted to particular models? I have had the vehicle from new and no light has ever come on when 4WD is selected.

D22 have the more noticeable light. I know mine does not tell me if it is in low or not but I am not really going to forget it is. 4L is reserved for 30% plus hills in my truck.

As for driving on the road in 4H it would have worn a few things but if it came out easy you should be right. As long as you remember not to do it again! lol.

Back