identifying D40 series

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poverty pete

Reaction score
Hello folks and compliments if the season

I know I'm not the smartest rooster in the hen house as demonstrated by my difficulty getting into this site but how the b........ hell does one tell the appropriate series and other obscure nomenclatures (I looked that up in the dictionary) given to D40 models.
Mine is a 2011 dual cab, auto and the book says nothing about series, MY anything and I am trying to give an accurate description to prospective buyers but am frustrated by lack of information, or ability to find the information.
I welcome any information

Thanks

Pete

Welcome to the forum.

If I was selling mine, I wouldn't use the series because it's too obscure! I'd just point to the year model, cab and the engine specification.

For instance, yours we know is a 2011 Dual Cab, but that could have been made in Thailand (ST model noted on tailgate, 126kW 4-cyl turbo diesel engine, VIN starts with MNT) or it could be an STX (Spanish build = VIN starts with VSK, 140kW 4-cyl turbo diesel engine or the V6 petrol) or it could be the STX550 (Spanish, 3.0L V6 turbo diesel).

As for the series itself, it might be on the vehicle information sticker - I've got one inside the B pillar on my car, I'd have to go out and have a read but since the info doesn't really mean a lot, it's not something I've bothered with. I mean to say, nobody I know has been sitting there in their loungeroom getting all weak at the knees because they're seeing a picture of a "Series 3". Now the V6 TD is something else ...

Latest posts

Back