Idle randomly changing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferbrodes

Reaction score
I have a 2004 zd30.

The idle speed will randomly lift up as high as 1100rpm then drop down sometimes to like 900 ish. Sometimes it stays at 750ish for a minute or 2 then it will lift to 1000 etc. If i turn on the engine heat up switch and put the car in gear idle wont change from the 750ish. Im thinking electrical? Have no other issues or symptoms etc. Any ideas?

I have a 2004 zd30.

The idle speed will randomly lift up as high as 1100rpm then drop down sometimes to like 900 ish. Sometimes it stays at 750ish for a minute or 2 then it will lift to 1000 etc. If i turn on the engine heat up switch and put the car in gear idle wont change from the 750ish. Im thinking electrical? Have no other issues or symptoms etc. Any ideas?
When you turn the engine heat switch on and put it in gear it turns it back off as to not rev the car while you’re taking your clutch out.

But the idle hunting problem could very well be the suction control valve, Tony explains it quite well in this thread
https://www.navaraforum.com/threads/power-loss.39218/#post-405017

Do a "throttle position relearn " , warm it up then leave it to idle for 10 minutes . this resets the idle volts on the T.P.S.

I tested the NPS and it is operating fine. Ill try the idle relearn today thanks. Rumpig. All for rum and rum for all!

Latest posts

Back