Idler Arm Braces?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my ider arms are still new hardly seen any offroad and if it has gone ffroad its not hard stuff...so they should be in good condition...gotta choose which brand now...snake racing, calmini or superior engineering??? anyone got any thoughts

my ider arms are still new hardly seen any offroad and if it has gone ffroad its not hard stuff...so they should be in good condition...gotta choose which brand now...snake racing, calmini or superior engineering??? anyone got any thoughts

IMHO just get the cheapest, the snake ones are calmini and are directly imported by them and stamped with the snake racing logo. Dunno about superior but can't see why they would be any better/worse than the other brands.

Edit: just looked at superior site and it is exact same photo on calmini's website in the u.s.

Last edited:
Just had my calming brace installed as part of my service. Looks good and yet to take it off road. Soon to get bigger tyres and steel wheels.

here is a pic if anyone is wanting to see

IMAG0082.jpg

I will fit mine this arvo, just looking at it does the nut come off the bottom of the idle arm and the plate goes on to the chassis, correct.

Dion said:
I'm still desperate to see a picture of a failed Navara idler arm.

I wouldn't call mine failed but Nissan are replacing mine tomorrow under warranty. The service manager said there was too much movement in it but was ok to drive it anywhere without failing. (shrug) Do they fail?

Cheers Brad

Last edited:
Are those bolts holding the idler arm to the chassis sposed to be super tough to undo? I don't want to get the breaker bar out to force it and end up stripping something??

same had to rattle gun them off then I rattled the back up also, how tight should the nut holding the pivot on be. The single lowest nut

fzrr said:
Are those bolts holding the idler arm to the chassis sposed to be super tough to undo? I don't want to get the breaker bar out to force it and end up stripping something??

They will most likely just be tight at the start so a breaker bar will be fine if in doubt spray it with wd40 or something similar to lubricate it as well

I'll give it a go again tomorrow. Noob question?

Is it easier to first undo the two bolts and fit the brace then do the lower single nut?

Or undo the lowest nut first and put the plate on then attach it to the chassis?

for me it was a just incase add on. no difference in feel and was given the thumbs up by my mechanic for doing it. next is upper arms and tie rod ends upgrade. once teh canopy goes on

Latest posts

Back