if you travel to lancelin, READ THIS!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
hey all,

today i headed out to lancelin with the ute and a mates motorbike and all was going sweet til we left.

as we left, travelling down the road say maybe 2km out of lancelin, we were heading up one of the hills at 100km/h. as we got half way up, this small black or dark dark blue hatch back (possibly a charade, oldish design) came down over the hill towards us doing 100km/h.

as he came down he drove straight onto the gravel shoulder of the road, put the hand brake on, and power slided the car along the gravel. him doing this caused an absolute shower of rocks to come flying onto my car, and causing a crack in the wind screen.

i could not believe what i saw, i just was speechless...

so if you ever go to lancelin, watch out for a BLACK or very DARK BLUE small hatch back, male driver, say mid 20's to mid 30's.

this happened between 2:40 and 3pm

i really wish i saw his license plate, but i just didnt know what the hell was happening at the time.

i wanted to turn around, find his car, and ask him what the f*@k he was doing, but i knew i wouldnt catch up to him in my old cruiser.

so yeah, WATCH OUT!

Last edited:
I would have thought reporting it to the police immediately would have some effect. Describing the car puts every policeman in the nearby area on the lookout for it, he won't hide for long.

theres a bloke i know who frequents lancelin/ledge and i would not be surprised to see pulling a trick like that....real dark dark blue early 90's charade (the one with the half wheel arch on the rear) the car goes like the clappers and he is a good driver...i'll do some digging cos frankly he is a tosser in real life and anyone pulling stunts like that at speed on a hwy should be shot.

theres a bloke i know who frequents lancelin/ledge and i would not be surprised to see pulling a trick like that....real dark dark blue early 90's charade (the one with the half wheel arch on the rear) the car goes like the clappers and he is a good driver...i'll do some digging cos frankly he is a tosser in real life and anyone pulling stunts like that at speed on a hwy should be shot.

YOU LEGEND!

i want him to have his ass handed to him by the law and i want some money for my chipped wind screen!

at least get the fkr off the road

me and the boys are going for a fishin weekend next month if we see him well stop him and tell him you said "hi" then proceed to insert his charade into his lower colon.

Ill dob in any !@#$wit who endangers my life on the road.

Have probably reported 6 P platers in the last month.

While on the road I wanna know Ill make it home to see my family and friends.

Dave.

that'd be at least 100 people a day here in perth :(

all these sh!t heads have no clue on how to drive, especially in the rain...

rolled cars, spun out cars, multiple crashes, etc

majority women though, cough

And of those 100 people half of them are my in laws or friends of my in laws. They wonder why I go to the trouble of driving myself over to Perth instead of flying, it's simple I'm scared to get in the car with them so driving 8000ks round trip is safer.

maddog that is crazy! I would be p*ssed aswell.
I do a few trips up there also so I will keep my eyes open, I have a cousin who lives up there too so I will get him to ask around and see what he can find out for ya..

As much as i love WA and i consider myself a west aussie. I'm glad a joined the Navy at 18 and did most of my P plate and early driving in Vic and NSW. If you can hook turn you can drive anywhere. When it comes to driving WA stands for Worst At.

WA merging.
WA driving in wet.
WA giving way.
WA changing lanes.
WA round abouts.

I agree biscuits, i have driven in many states and different couontries and a lot drivers here need a hard backhand

Half of the people in Victoria don't know how to do a hook turn! Apart from the fact that turning right from the left lane just goes against every other road rule people still don't understand who has right of way when that traffic light does eventually turn green.

I've driven in every state except NT and as much as Perth drivers are all maniacs I still reckon Victoria holds the title for worst drivers in the wet, which is stupid considering how often the roads are wet in the state, and NSW (especially Sydney, and even more so out in the north west where I lived) are the worst for arrogance.

Speaking of Charades, a mate of mine has a 1998 model 1.5L.

Anyway his dad stuffed up the timing changing a timing belt in it ages ago, anyway I pulled the head off the motor and the head was sent and shaved and fitted with new valves.

Timing is right now but @#$% me this thing hooks now, very quick little car.

Dont know if they all go this hard but this one does for a 1.5L.

Dave.

Speaking of Charades, a mate of mine has a 1998 model 1.5L.

Anyway his dad stuffed up the timing changing a timing belt in it ages ago, anyway I pulled the head off the motor and the head was sent and shaved and fitted with new valves.

Timing is right now but @#$% me this thing hooks now, very quick little car.

Dont know if they all go this hard but this one does for a 1.5L.

Dave.

Dave, were you driving around lancelin lately? LOL

I wish, it would be like a holiday for me.

I have been told Perth is nice, but I think its 4500km's from my place to there.

So I take it Lancelin is a suburb of Perth ?

Dave.

haha, yeh mate it is a nice place.
lancelin is a small town 150km north of perth.
Great 4wd spot, heaps and I mean HEAPS of sand dunes!!
Good fishing, camping, surfing, windsurfing, etc..

Cool, I got the Stockton dunes one way here and the Wattagans about 40km's away and Gloughster/Barrington Tops the other way and a state forrest towards Singleton.

You head out Lancelin way much ?

Would like to see pics of other places people take there Nav's.

Dave.

Yeh mate, when I can..
maybe every couple of months we try to get up there for some R&R, not as much as I like to but the mrs and i both work long hours and odd shifts, so its hard to get a few days off together!
Thats a good idea, maybe start a thread for each state and post some pics of places travelled?

Back