I'm going to burn it!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
If I have one more issue with this car I am fair dinkum going to park it on the side of the road, soak it in fuel, flick a match at it and walk away:banghead:
Todays issue-
After trying Lovell shocks and found them to be unsuitable I cast them aside and fitted Old Man Emu Nitro Charger shocks. More $$.
One of the front shocks failed Anzac weekend (1500km old) and has been driving me nuts since then. I got the go ahead from ARB to remove the dodgy shock and bring it to them as they were unable to fit me in to do it themselves. So pulled it out just now and found that the diameter of the shock body is too large and contacts the upper control arm at full compression. This has dented the body and obviously caused the valving inside to fail. So more ~!@#$%^ about on warranty work ----Its just absolutely doing my head in that nothing will go right!!!! :banghead:
Goes for another service next week and I still have to follow up the issue with my passenger door, whining diff, dodgy front end, sloppy steering box and now intermittent power steering failure.
Gets new torsion bars tomorrow too $$$

I ~!@#$%^ hate this car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah a few manufacturing faults but I hardly call getting incorrect shocks installed a problem with the vehicle.

Dave.

Yeah a few manufacturing faults but I hardly call getting incorrect shocks installed a problem with the vehicle.

Dave.

They are the correct shocks as spec'ed by ARB. Apparently they are a new generation and have a larger dia body than previous.
It is a problem with the vehicle because it is just another issue that needs to be rectified.

the shocks are ARB stuff up. changed the shocks specs but didn't check they still fitted. they are not the first to do that. there was another crowd that did similar thing.

New torsion bars went in this morning :victory: to Brett at 4x4 Obsession in Melton. $355 fitted and done in 2 hours. Upon removal of the originals they found 2 of the 4 nuts that hold one of the bars to the control arm were stripped from the factory, fortunately the studs were ok but still poor form from Nissan as they were essentially doing nothing. THE TORSION BARS HAVE MADE THE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT TO THIS VEHICLE TO DATE. I am somewhat happier today. It has also made the steering a bit more positive however there is still the play in the steering box that will be attended to next week.

Now ARB......
Straight from having the bars done the next stop was ARB to return one shock absorber and discuss what options they would like to propose in rectifying the problem of them fouling on the control arm........well the solution is apparently to grind out the control arm to create clearance. PIGS RINGPIECE I will! Both front shocks are now being removed and returned next week for full refund by the dealer I bought them from who is also well jacked off by ARB and in no uncertain terms is quite happy to do the shoving of said shock absorbers into the rectal orifice of the nearest ARB representative.
Might still apply liberal amounts of fire to it though. Every morning I get in it and wonder what surprises await me.

unfortunatly its not the first time i've heard of stripped out threads etc on nissans. bloody thai built...gimme japan !

Hi Aido

Sorry to here you are having problems with your navara.I fitted a complete 2"EFS lift kit to my navara about 3 weeks ago no prolems so far all good:victory:.The reason i went with EFS is because of the same reason you had with the front shocks ie no clearance and better sales help
We live and learn.
I wll bring the marshmellow's and beer if you decide to burn it:beerglass::marchmellow:

Shane

Last edited:
unfortunatly its not the first time i've heard of stripped out threads etc on nissans. bloody thai built...gimme japan !

I just hope that major components are still assembled with integrity elsewhere - it would seem the diffs aren't!
I would not like to consider the implications of the blokes in the video torquing up the big end bearing caps.
YouTube - Trabant Car - Factory Zwickau East Germany

They are the correct shocks as spec'ed by ARB. Apparently they are a new generation and have a larger dia body than previous.
It is a problem with the vehicle because it is just another issue that needs to be rectified.

How,
can it be nissans fault, if,
aftermarket parts dont work/fit?

New torsion bars went in this morning :victory: to Brett at 4x4 Obsession in Melton. $355 fitted and done in 2 hours. .

Aido - what brand t/bars?

Good to see some positive action.

What shocks are you going for next?

Back