Indicators & Airbox

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puma

Reaction score
Hey I have a couple of random questions.

I have a 2005 d22 dx. Now every time I indicate right to turn around a round about naturally you have to turn left a little before you enter the round a bout it always cancels my indicator.

I know it's stupid but it drives me absolutely nuts! Is this normal? It's the only car I have ever driven that does this. I have replaced the indicator stalk with a second hand one but that hasn't helped. Just wondering if any other owners out there have the same issue.

Second question is I have just fitted a snorkel and I have tried my hardest to seal it up but I think there is a missing seal around the airbox. Should there be a rubber where the clips are on the airbox? My nav doesn't seem to have one and it doesn't seem quite right.

Cheers!

Hey I have a couple of random questions.

I have a 2005 d22 dx. Now every time I indicate right to turn around a round about naturally you have to turn left a little before you enter the round a bout it always cancels my indicator.

I know it's stupid but it drives me absolutely nuts! Is this normal? It's the only car I have ever driven that does this. I have replaced the indicator stalk with a second hand one but that hasn't helped. Just wondering if any other owners out there have the same issue.

Cheers!

My 03 D22 does the exact same and also my 95 EF XR6 does it haha.

There should be a seal where the two pieces of air box meet. Don't think nissan sell, them (just the whole box @ $400). You need to make one I'm guessing.

indicators are normal for a d22.

i can sell an airbox well below nissans price ;) haha

Ah devastating what a pain in the ass. My first car that I had 11 years ago a 93 lancer didn't even do this!

Ok we'll it's off to bunnings or clark rubber to find something to seal it. I'm not buying a new airbox that's for sure.

ah your talking about the lid.

i thought your were talking about the inlet end of the box where the pipe coming from the snorkel joins. there's a seal type thing on that, i always thought looked pretty dodgy.

I doubt the lid would seal up 100% water tight anyway.

maybe its worth ripping out your air box and doing the 80series air box mod.

to be honest though i wouldn't want to gamble my engine by sitting in water with the airbox fully submerged, i wouldnt trust too many airboxes to have a 100% seal.
should be alright if its just dunked in and out for a few of seconds though.

Yeah all good I wouldn't imagine it would be 100% but i'd like to think that it is pretty well sealed. Having no rubber ring there making it quite open for water to get in so I might just add something there so that it has a little bit of a barrier.

What is the 80series air box mod you speak of?

have a seach, there's a big thread on here somewhere, should be easy to find.
pretty common mod for d22s here.

Back