Injector rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliannp300

Reaction score
Hi guys
New here ,
Brought a 2017 d23 twin turbo
Injectors started knocking
Paid and had them replaced but the knock still comes and goes ,
I’ve had a re learn done a couple of times and it stays away for a couple hundred kms and then returns,

Has anyone had similar issues or could someone point me in a direction.

Much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_4471.mov
    41.8 MB
injectors are not the only thing to cause rattle. i would check egr system and glow plug system. also the turbo control setup. known issue with vac filters plugging with dirt.

injectors are not the only thing to cause rattle. i would check egr system and glow plug system. also the turbo control setup. known issue with vac filters plugging with dirt.
Thanks mate , you wouldn’t happen to know if there’s a way I can check the fuel pump timing is right ,
I’ve been told when the head was redone it needed to be done but it may not have been hence why I’ve been through 2 sets of injectors in about 3000k since reco the head

i don't think there is any fuel pump timing, not with common rail pumps. timing is all ecu controlled.
maybe timing chain, but i suspect if thats out it would run badly if at all as cams would be out.
what was done to the head? was the head cracked?
where the injectors actually tested as they tend to be $$$. injectors don't wear out that quick even if timing is out.
kinda sounds like the workshop is taking you for a ride.

Latest posts

Back