Installing tweeters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorro

Reaction score
Hey all im in the process of installing a new sound system in our mighty nav dual cab.

12" Kicker sub, 2 alpine amps, 6.5" Alpine type R's in the back door and the SPX 17Ref's in the front. Only problem not to sure where to put the tweeters. Was thinking top of door.

Just wanted other peoples expierence pics would be great.

Cheers

Mine are mounted through the plastic triangles at the front bottom corner of the window. I'll get pics later but it looks pretty good and sounds ok still.

Cheers fzrr i had a look there but thought it might sound a bit muffled as it is close to the dash

Mine are there as well and they fit really well between the door and the dash only downer at the moment is one of the plastic triangles has broken at the moment so gotta get a new one... the other place i have seen is in the door pocket facing up...

Macca

I put mine inside the door pocket next to the speaker angled up to face the driver and passenger. You still get nice clear sound from them and if i ever want/need to replace the speakers and they arent splits then there arent any visible holes etc. plus in one of my previous cars with the same speakers i installed them just near the top of the door trim which sat about a foot away from your head and it just raped your ears if you had the music up to loud. An ive found that (well with mine that is) having them down there angled up still gives nice audio withou being to loud.

Heres a pic

S6300446.jpg

Bart

Cheers fzrr i had a look there but thought it might sound a bit muffled as it is close to the dash

Depends on the splits you put in...I went some Polks and to be honest there is to much treble with them in that location even when I drop them down to the -3 setting on the xover box.

I dont care to much for over the top boom boxes etc, but did go to the trouble of installing splits in the front.
I found it easy enough to put tweeters in front of arm rests and splitter box thingme in door pockets.
Heres a crap photo.

Attachments

• IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 270

Latest posts

Back