instument cluster lights?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually on the glasses will be the best thing because then you'll change the whole world for the cost of a piece of cellophane, that's a bargain price right there.

It depends what colour blue cellophane changes your feather duster too as to whether it will help.

is it possible to change the dial lights to white and the panels to black and white? Also what type of LED's are you using from ebay?

For the D22 I think it is 5 T5 Wide angle LEDs that you need.
I have just bought some. See if they turn up next week and I will take some photos.

I have done this with Red LEDs. I recommend using a lighter colour as they are a bit dull in some areas.
Keep in mind I have a Series 1 which has a different cluster. The lighting in the picture is worse then it actually is.
IMG_20120203_200134.jpg

For the D22 I think it is 5 T5 Wide angle LEDs that you need.

if that looks poor i would bet the later D22, which only uses 2 bulbs to light up the dash, would be way worse.
i'm not sure but i think the small side gauges are lit by their own built in led. might look weird with the centre a different color.

I'm pretty keen to do this. But what do you mean by inverting the LCD

The easiest way to explain that is to tell you to search Google for "inverting LCD". It's not a 5 minute job and it's not something anyone with a multimeter and a soldering iron can do but Google has some pretty good explanations and examples.

I'm gonna give this a crack on the d40, I ordered my LEDs so just waiting on arrival from hong kong. The d40 uses a SMD led so its a bit more complicated, let you guys know how I go when I get them

Allright job done, wow what a Fiddely job soldering all the LEDs in . There so small, you gotta hold them on with tweezers and very small solder. But guess what it's not as hard as it sounds. Took 3 hrs in total. I got anxious and just got some red smd's from jaycar while il wait for Blue ones. But it all worked perfect. And for all those who wanna try, there is a DIY on the USA frontier forums, my only tip is order the smd's off eBay. Jaycar smd's are called a gullwing style, slightly different to the eBay and factory ones. They are domed lense instead of flat and you can see 3 outlines of the led in the odo windows. Also getting the needles back in the right spot is a real bitch. But it can be done.. Woo hoo too me...

Latest posts

Back